Lt. Commander
# 1 Spawncamping
12-04-2010, 04:42 PM
I know this has been mentioned a dozen times before. But It is really getting on my nerves when I just spawn and I have a bunch of dude shooting me.

I've played a lot of First and Third person shooters. Most notable one that comes to mind is Jedi Outcast. Spawncamping was never a problem because the Spawn placements for each map was set to random and there was more than one for each team.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
I know this has been mentioned a dozen times before. But It is really getting on my nerves when I just spawn and I have a bunch of dude shooting me.

I've played a lot of First and Third person shooters. Most notable one that comes to mind is Jedi Outcast. Spawncamping was never a problem because the Spawn placements for each map was set to random and there was more than one for each team.
the problem with random spawns in pvp arena is that a lot of people dont team up. so theyd end up spawning away from the combat and out of site of everything and get "lost" so to speak.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-04-2010, 06:55 PM
easy fix, random spawns, team up
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-04-2010, 10:32 PM
What about heavy weapon platforms surrounding the spawn point?

~Spade
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Spade View Post
What about heavy weapon platforms surrounding the spawn point?

~Spade
Like in capture and hold, that could work.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-04-2010, 11:19 PM
i can tank all the platforms in cap and hold, pop aoes, burn them down, and still kill the feds at spawn in cap and hold, so no, they turrets do not work
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-04-2010, 11:23 PM
I can not say As I do not pvp in Ker'rat as I find it too small for open pvp, but I imagine that random spawn points would help alot.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-04-2010, 11:36 PM
I would actually be all for random spawn points but if they are wanting to keep the spawn point a single location for easier rallying of team members, then I hope they come up with something that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
i can tank all the platforms in cap and hold, pop aoes, burn them down, and still kill the feds at spawn in cap and hold, so no, they turrets do not work

I have yet to get into PvP (I want to but the state it is in now is making me want to wait till several issues get fixed). How many weapon platforms are there in capture and hold? What about doubling the amount of weapon platforms? Maybe give the weapon platforms higher hull hit points?
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-04-2010, 11:46 PM
I dont do Ker'rat.

The Phaser and Torp Launchers in the bases of Cap N Hold are evaded easily and never actually get a shot in while the enemy is back far enough that they can't get touched yet we get hit with everything.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-05-2010, 05:06 AM
The longer you wait to get into PVP the further behind the curve you fall. It takes time to get yourself up to par and most PVPers are constantly improving, or at least trying to. PVP isn't perfect. There are issues. It's a challenge. It is STILL a lot of fun!

Adjust your expectations to realize that you aren't going to be as awesome at the start as you are at other parts of the game and remember that there is NOTHING wrong with that.

There are more good people willing to help if you ask than there are ****** looking to ruin the game for you (they are fewer but more vocal).

Help others as much as you can and sometimes you'll be surprised to find that they'll start to help you too.

Find a style of play that suits you. Healer? Crowd control? Damage dealer? Hybrids are fun too!

Premades, or even semi-well-organized, or highly experienced players are going to roll you no matter that state of the game. Learn from it and from others. Adaprt.

Take a break when things get to be too much (and chances are that they will if you take it seriously - again, not a bad thing). Step out, take a breath, go do another part of the game that's less frustrating. Regroup and go back at it!

Most importantly, I've sort of hijacked this thread to say that, while things might not ever be 100% for everyone it can still be a lot of fun. I just want to encourage everyone to get involved, try your best while expecting the worst, take your lumps and climb up the ladder. Nothing is perfect but there isn't anything so broken that you can't have a good time playing if you really want to.