Lt. Commander
# 1 Keybind System Malfuntion
11-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Okay, I tried to send in a bug ticket on this but the profanity filter kept kicking it out. Can find the profanity?

That said, I am an avid binder; have bound many of my available powers in one way or another to various keys. I believe I have found a flaw in the binding system. The semi-colon ( and the comma (,) do not accept binds properly. The comma will not accept any command and the semi-colon will only accept a partial command (the first in a multi-string command).

Specifically the below are the commands that i have attempted to bind both manually wiht the "/bind" command and through manipulating the bind file itself.

; "TargetTeammate 3 $$ +TrayExecByTray 4 1 $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 7"

The J, K, L , apostrophy (') are similarly bound for self, 1, 2, 4 respectively.

, "StatsPreset_Load Preset_4 $$ TargetTeammate 2 $$ +TrayExecByTray 4 6"

This one is associated with N, M, period (.). fwd slash (/) to issue commands in a similar fashion.

It seems that when binding these keys there is a difficulty with the process in that does not recognize the syntax (bind <string> <string>) for these two keys and renders an error message: "bind" takes 2 argument(s). Additionally, the unbind command is similarly nonfunctional for these keys as well and renders an error message: "unbind" takes 1 argument(s).

If someone else who binds regularly could test this discover on their system I would greatly appreciate it; that way we can definitely rule out a give computer at fault.

Since I am unable to get this to Support through the bug ticket process. Cryptic, could someone please look into this problem? I know you are all busy with fixes that have a much, MUCH higher priority, but I hope that this could be a quick fix which you could just slipped in without much ado.

Thank you for reading.
ZED