Lt. Commander
# 1 AFK PvPers (Plee to the Devs)
11-27-2010, 06:19 PM
Seriously, I am sick of wasting my time trying to PvP when there are people who will come in the PvP Arena, refuse an invite to the team, then run, gun, get himself killed, then just sit there and stay dead while my team struggles to have a fair PvP game. As soon as I see one of these AFKPVPers hit the scene, I just want to exit the map right then and there. But if I do that, I feel like it would be a jerk thing to do, so I stay and take my punishment.

We need to come up with some way of either A: Preventing this or B: Punishing those who do this. This has been talked about a bit on the PvP forums, but I honestly do not feel like this is getting the attention it deserves. I personally feel (and I say personally because I speak for nobody but myself here) like it is about time for a Dev to chime in and talk about this.

Not trying to sound rude if I am coming off that way, just aggravated.
Lt. Commander
Greetings,

These miscreants should simply get a progressively longer ban, starting with a day, then two and so on in geometric progression.

Also, if the losing side received nothing (just like RL) it would negate this behavior completely.

This should also be added for people who leave a PvP arena

Yours in Mnhei'sahe Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-27-2010, 07:17 PM
I actually had a problem today where my son asked me for help, so I "left" the 3 queues I was in for and walked away. A few minutes into explaining a math probloem I hear the familiar pew-pew and was not happy to see myself in solar wind getting owned. Luckily it must have been near the beginning, because we still won.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Not trying to sound rude if I am coming off that way, just aggravated.
Sounds like players who are trying to figure out how to play. It's not like there's a lot of opportunity for prep and planning. You're off doing trekkie things while listed in a que then you get a pop-up, transported to the instance, and in combat range within a few moments. For the experienced PvPer, this is expected. For the novice, it is something to figure out.

Being thrown into a team of strangers adds pressure to perform beyond one's experience. I'd prefer see some 1v1 matches and other adjustments added to offer a more subtle introduction to PvP.

This is one of the reasons I advocate the inclusion of open faction based PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-27-2010, 07:32 PM
OK so you guys are having a problem with PVPers afking? A simple solution for this would be a kicking system...but a system like that is sometimes abused so I dont know...just an idea that I have seen in fps.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-27-2010, 07:44 PM
I thought it asked you if you wanted to join the battle prior to actually putting you in (after a slot opens up in the queue)?

Secondly, wouldn't it just be easier to have a timer that auto-spawns them?
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-27-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
I thought it asked you if you wanted to join the battle prior to actually putting you in (after a slot opens up in the queue)?

Secondly, wouldn't it just be easier to have a timer that auto-spawns them?

Yes it does.

No it would not be easier, because then they could still just sit there and make themselves easy targets for the other team.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-27-2010, 07:58 PM
I can't remember but are you automatically thrown into a pvp match if you are queued? There should be an except button to prevent an unintentional AFK'er.

Never understood having to manually add people to a group. You should be auto added to everyone in the map.

There should be a system where if your keyboard goes afk then you are auto-flagged as AFK where you need to do some DMG to Remove this flag. As well, allow players to flag someone as AFK if all they are doing is flying around(helps prevent ppl who use macros thAt prevent afk'ing). This would have to be done by more then one player(can help prevent griefing). And simply doing dmg will remove any flag. If a flag is not removed in a certain time frame then all rewards for that match are forfeit and you're auto kicked from the map. And if this doesn't already happen then a new player who is queued should be added to the fight.

I don't agree with banning people as sometimes afking is not intentional. You're playing and all of a sudden you're phone rings with a super important call. This person can be safely kicked with the flag system but not have a problem playing a new match when they are ready.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-27-2010, 08:11 PM
We need a /report function in PvP.

AFK heroes need to go the way of the dodo.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-27-2010, 08:12 PM
'Plee' ....do a Dutch to English translation of that word....it will give you new options for AFK PvPers.