Lt. Commander
# 21
11-28-2010, 05:15 AM
I always enjoy the 'RL' defense... My God people....if you know RL is getting in the way of you participating....don't bloody sign up for PvP.If you know work might get in the way,because you're on call that day...don't sign up! If your bathroom break is way overdue...don't sign up! If you're high on crack...don't sign up! If you're high on Mountain Dew or Red Bull.....for the love of God....don't sign up! If you have kids that may set your house on fire...don't sign up! If you're pulling 'wife aggro'...don't sign up! If you don't like PvP.....don't sign up!

Yes,RL can sneak up on you,a DC can always happen....an important phone call that needs your attention,good kids gone bad....cops at your door....but for the most part,you are (supposed to be) in control of your 'RL'.

Going AFK during PvP for no reason,noob rush into battle to get killed quickly and have the match over in a few minutes,or leeching for emblems....says more about you as a person than your 'RL' ever will.Think about that the next time you do that.

As for a system to prevent AFK PvPers.....I like the idea of being able to vote a player out of a match after 5 min. AFK. Or a 'numnutz torpedo' to blow up the offending player.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-28-2010, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxbad
Stop bribing people to play a poorly implemented PvP system and introduce a better (open) one?
Bribing? Are you referring to dailies? Well in that case stop bribing PvPers to do PvE. There is two sides to this coin.

It's been suggested before that if you want to get rid of AFKers then find a way to measure performance in PvP fairly and give rewards based off that. If you think that's not fair then stop PvPing because the system, half ***, already does that.

There is already an option for people to join a new game. Problem is making room in the team for that. You can't do that without a kick option and we all know how that goes.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-28-2010, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Seriously, I am sick of wasting my time trying to PvP when there are people who will come in the PvP Arena, refuse an invite to the team, then run, gun, get himself killed, then just sit there and stay dead while my team struggles to have a fair PvP game. As soon as I see one of these AFKPVPers hit the scene, I just want to exit the map right then and there. But if I do that, I feel like it would be a jerk thing to do, so I stay and take my punishment.

We need to come up with some way of either A: Preventing this or B: Punishing those who do this. This has been talked about a bit on the PvP forums, but I honestly do not feel like this is getting the attention it deserves. I personally feel (and I say personally because I speak for nobody but myself here) like it is about time for a Dev to chime in and talk about this.

Not trying to sound rude if I am coming off that way, just aggravated.
I think we need some sort of queue that would allow for people to ban people that they don't like playing with like they do in another game out there.

Just my two cents.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-28-2010, 05:44 AM
Given that you do literally get tokens for nothing (i.e. you can go into a pvp match, do nothing, lose really badly, and still get a pile of emblems), seems only logical that they should drastically reduce or remove completely the emblem rewards for the losing team. Then you would only get people going in who want to win, cos there's no point otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-28-2010, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Mongoose
I think we need some sort of queue that would allow for people to ban people that they don't like playing with like they do in another game out there.

Just my two cents.
Could you imagine how long it would take to get a que going? lol

Player B doesn't like player A. Players C and D are fine with Player A, but player D doesn't like Player B. Player E hates everyone. Guess we'll need three more ques and see how those go.
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Honestly what needs to happen is for the pveers to recognize that they do not need any emblems.

PVE is capable of being done with poor equipment even on Elite.

That and a Vote to Kick option would be fantastic. Because I'd rather fight a man down, than fight with an afker, who's going to get credit to do nothing but sabotage my team.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-28-2010, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
Given that you do literally get tokens for nothing (i.e. you can go into a pvp match, do nothing, lose really badly, and still get a pile of emblems), seems only logical that they should drastically reduce or remove completely the emblem rewards for the losing team. Then you would only get people going in who want to win, cos there's no point otherwise.
Signed/supported/agreed.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo
How about...if your team wins you get an extra emblem per match?
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
How about...if your team wins you get an extra emblem per match?
That doesn't give you any incentive to not go afk.

Oh, I get a few more points if I win? So what, I still get a big pile if I lose. May as well just lose, rinse and repeat.

If all of a sudden I get nothing for losing.. well.. I'm wasting my time completely by even going in if I intend to stand around afk and do nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-28-2010, 08:59 AM
This is not always a case of AFK. There was a clown in Arena the other day who would rush to the enemy, come to a full stop, and then do nothing - just getting blown up. Basically, not only not participating, but actively sabotaging his team.
If it were up to me that person's account would be closed for griefing.