Lt. Commander
# 1 A time for the end of Griefing
11-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Now this doesn't happen too often but it does happen. 5+ members of a fleet will go into Ker'at and camp the respawn point. This is Griefing by any definition. Yes it is a war zone and you should expect to fight the opposing faction when in the system, but being destroyed 1-2 seconds after you spawn/respawn with no way to leave system save logging out is Grief play.

A suggestion to eliminate this is to A) have a random respawn point. One of several not just one of the current 2. or B) have a secure respawn location. I prefer option A it is a war zone after all and it's unlikely the Federation or Klingon Empire would waste the resources to set up a Base there without having secured the area first.

I won't name any names here but I know of one Klingon fleet that will sit for hours in Ker'at Griefing like this. I suspect that they are a bunch of 12 y/o with nothing better to do than to ruin other players gameplay but that's just my Opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethor1942 View Post
A) have a random respawn point. One of several not just one of the current 2.
While i do agree, this is a valid and useful suggestion, I do not agree with the placement of such a valid suggestion with in the rest of the information at hand.

But that's just me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-28-2010, 03:07 AM
You can just change your zone instance to another one.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
You can just change your zone instance to another one.
Well, not really, you need to exit the zone first. But still, I don't believe people are moaning about the only open pvp zone we have, when you get spawn camped. It happens on both sides, and I love it, its a great challenge to get through the killers and even better when you can get some support in to help deal with the situation.

Its not like the zone isn't going to complete, the farmers are still farming. Either dont respawn for a little while, or wait till someone else does and try and get out of there sharpish, while they kill the other guy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-28-2010, 08:34 AM
adapt or die.
only the strong shall thrive... the weak shall perish
Lt. Commander
# 6 Welcome to Ker'rat
11-28-2010, 08:42 AM
The only part of your post I agree with is the random incoming spawn point.

The rest not so much. I mean the only real winners are the farmers so naturally it becomes a gankfest and you should know by now that is Ker'rat.

I actually will sometimes be the only Klingon in a instance with 5-6 FEDs on my daily. And I won't switch instances because it is a challenge to break in under those conditions.

And I like a challenge because there isn't much of it in this game except from other players.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-28-2010, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethor1942 View Post
I won't name any names here but I know of one Klingon fleet that will sit for hours in Ker'at Griefing like this. I suspect that they are a bunch of 12 y/o with nothing better to do than to ruin other players gameplay but that's just my Opinion.
You would be surprised...Most of these people griefing others are adults acting like children. Heck...the other day I heard one adult throw a tantrum on vent. Angry German kid style.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Given I haven't looked (mainly because I don't care enough about this issue myself), but I haven't noticed there to be a second War Zone that Federation ships can enter.

When I was leveling my KDF toons, I noticed there was a War Zone (copy of Ker'rat system with a different name) within the home Sector of KDF space, therefore only accessibly by KDF players.
There were seldom any people in there whenever I checked it out, so I always went to Ker'rat myself, as the Feds would typically complete the mission, I would get my credit, and be done with it.

As you can see, this leads to all kinds of debate, but bottom line is, if the KDF has a "Ker'rat" that only they can enter, why not just give the Feds one?

Personally, I'd never go to a War Zone only 1 faction could enter...unless I ended up on the opposing team (so I'd have someone to fight).

Just my 2 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janko
As you can see, this leads to all kinds of debate, but bottom line is, if the KDF has a "Ker'rat" that only they can enter, why not just give the Feds one?

Personally, I'd never go to a War Zone only 1 faction could enter...unless I ended up on the opposing team (so I'd have someone to fight).

Just my 2 cents.
You seem to have answered your own question there :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-28-2010, 11:51 AM
They should get rid of Ker'rat and N'vak and give us real Open PvP without any NPCs aiding.

And hitting two birds with one stone, gets rid of those blasted Gold Farmers.