Lt. Commander
# 11
11-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
They should get rid of Ker'rat and N'vak and give us real Open PvP without any NPCs aiding.

And hitting two birds with one stone, gets rid of those blasted Gold Farmers.
Yes because nothing could be nicer then experiencing these type of problems all over the game. No thanks, keep open PvP out of the game. Wasn't what I paid for, thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
Yes because nothing could be nicer then experiencing these type of problems all over the game. No thanks, keep open PvP out of the game. Wasn't what I paid for, thank you.
I'm sure cryptic can keep one sector PvE only... you can freely stay there and pick flowers / scan things; what ever makes you happy.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-28-2010, 01:11 PM
I paid for the game with the understanding that it was a work in progress and that things were going to be changed and added all along. Open PVP is just one of the many things that should, and hopefully will, be. Obviously there should be areas where people can live in their own little world, free of war and the like.

I don't see the point in getting rid of the War Zone's though. Fix the buggy NPCs and it's fine. It is, after all, open PVP on a smaller scale.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-28-2010, 01:28 PM
I don't think we need to get rid of war zone's I'd like to see a change to the respawn location to a random point somewhere around the borg complex. IMO it would be more fun to have to hunt your enemy down than to sit at one point and have your ship autofire at the respawns.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
Well, not really, you need to exit the zone first.
Click place name about the mini map, click change instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
And hitting two birds with one stone, gets rid of those blasted Gold Farmers.

Not really, it just makes the items rarer (so can be priced even higher) and they'll start farming the STF (which also can drop mkxii's)
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
I'm sure cryptic can keep one sector PvE only... you can freely stay there and pick flowers / scan things; what ever makes you happy.
Go play EvE.

While I agree with one Open PvP Sector, I do not agree changing the game to a PvP-Game like it is in EvE.
People can even blast you out of your ship in 'secured' High Sectors. Thats just uhm... fail?
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-94699
Go play EvE.

While I agree with one Open PvP Sector, I do not agree changing the game to a PvP-Game like it is in EvE.
People can even blast you out of your ship in 'secured' High Sectors. Thats just uhm... fail?
Cryptic has a diverse player base as far as what people like to do in game. We joke... however really there not going to turn this in to Eve Trek. They will however almost 100% be adding open pvp of some kind to the game. So you scream as loud as you want for one and I'll scream as loud as I want for full open pvp. I will bet they will meet us somewhere in the middle with two or three zones.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I paid for the game with the understanding that it was a work in progress and that things were going to be changed and added all along. Open PVP is just one of the many things that should, and hopefully will, be. Obviously there should be areas where people can live in their own little world, free of war and the like.

I don't see the point in getting rid of the War Zone's though. Fix the buggy NPCs and it's fine. It is, after all, open PVP on a smaller scale.
This. ^

Open PvP with territory control is a must, and trust me, it will bring more players in droves. And for those of you who are so anti-pvp, keep in mind that it is entirely possible to implement open pvp areas and territory control without forcing anyone to participate.

I don't think what we're wanting here is to make it open pvp everywhere. But having areas that are open pvp would greatly add appeal to this game for pvp fans. Myself included. I'm really looking forward to an eventual 3-way faction war between the fed/klingons/romulans all fighting in persistent areas for territory and possibly even resource nodes.
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-28-2010, 07:13 PM
I would not want to get rid of them entirely. I do spend time in there myself from both sides. I hate when I get hit at the respawn point. I am though in favor of a random spot for everyone or a no weapons zone. I still go in there no matter what as I use it as a challenge to get better when it comes to pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-28-2010, 07:15 PM
I, too, don't want to get rid of Ker'rat. I say add even more places like that and then some. The more different sorts of PvP content, the better.