Lt. Commander
# 21 More OPEN PVP warzones please
11-28-2010, 06:36 PM
We would love more open pvp zones to (Grief)- I mean Blockade!
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
We would love more open pvp zones to (Grief)- I mean Blockade!
A bunch of Feds tried to sneak away from QEW spawncampers on Saturday. A couple of my fleetmates eventually joined me in trying to take them down, and soon, the other feds joined in. We made QEW earn whatever kills they could. Eventually, they were slaughtered mercilessly.

The moral? Don't camp. Eventually you will run into opponents who will beat the tar out of you because you were being annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-29-2010, 01:19 AM
Quote:
A bunch of Feds tried to sneak away from QEW spawncampers on Saturday. A couple of my fleetmates eventually joined me in trying to take them down, and soon, the other feds joined in. We made QEW earn whatever kills they could. Eventually, they were slaughtered mercilessly.

The moral? Don't camp. Eventually you will run into opponents who will beat the tar out of you because you were being annoying.
I don't think there is a moral to the story. So what, at some point they had to stop camping. They could still do it for a while and enjoy the slaughter and possibly ruin some other gamers short game day.

I am not a fan of persistent damage, item degredation, death penalties and all that. But without that, getting such a victory doesn't hurt them. But at least it helps other players.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I don't think there is a moral to the story. So what, at some point they had to stop camping. They could still do it for a while and enjoy the slaughter and possibly ruin some other gamers short game day.

I am not a fan of persistent damage, item degredation, death penalties and all that. But without that, getting such a victory doesn't hurt them. But at least it helps other players.
Did I mention I got to mercilessly slaughter the campers? :p

At any rate, it needs to stop before someone decides to get a GM involved and ruin the War Zones for *everyone.*
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-30-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethor1942 View Post
Now this doesn't happen too often but it does happen. 5+ members of a fleet will go into Ker'at and camp the respawn point. This is Griefing by any definition. Yes it is a war zone and you should expect to fight the opposing faction when in the system, but being destroyed 1-2 seconds after you spawn/respawn with no way to leave system save logging out is Grief play.

A suggestion to eliminate this is to A) have a random respawn point. One of several not just one of the current 2. or B) have a secure respawn location. I prefer option A it is a war zone after all and it's unlikely the Federation or Klingon Empire would waste the resources to set up a Base there without having secured the area first.

I won't name any names here but I know of one Klingon fleet that will sit for hours in Ker'at Griefing like this. I suspect that they are a bunch of 12 y/o with nothing better to do than to ruin other players gameplay but that's just my Opinion.
greifing is perfectly fine, if the griefer gain anything
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post

The Moral.. you don't get it you gave the Klingons the Battle they wanted. Bring all your fed friends to ker rat. The more the better. You didn't get the moral of that story at all. The moral is if your coming to Kerrat please come in groups so we can have some good pvp action.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-30-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-94699
Go play EvE.

While I agree with one Open PvP Sector, I do not agree changing the game to a PvP-Game like it is in EvE.
People can even blast you out of your ship in 'secured' High Sectors. Thats just uhm... fail?
Because there is no real death penalty like there is in EVE it would be a minor inconveniece to those who dont want to be blown up in STO. For those who dont know, In EVE, you lose your ship = lose everything you put into it (weapons, modules, and the cost of the ship itself) which promotes a healthier "pvp mindset" in my opinion by promoting more strategy interms of teamwork and planning/prepping. Piracy FTW! >=)

I wholeheartedly agree with the expanision of open pvp and without EVE's Mother-of-all-Death-Penalties it would give a healthier experience to those who actually Want to pvp in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-30-2010, 08:14 PM
I agree that open PVP is the way to go. There is no reason you cannot have a PVP flagging system that allows a person NOT to be PVP enabled. This is the best of both worlds. Many games have done this.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-30-2010, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
The Moral.. you don't get it you gave the Klingons the Battle they wanted. Bring all your fed friends to ker rat. The more the better. You didn't get the moral of that story at all. The moral is if your coming to Kerrat please come in groups so we can have some good pvp action.
What he said
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Oddly enough, it seems this doesn't apply in N'Vak. The last time I was there and shot at a opposing team Klink, it was as if I had shot a Fed.

I felt genuinely bad, because I don't like to force people into PvP.