Lt. Commander
# 11
11-29-2010, 12:58 AM
I love it. Now if they will just get rid of all the fraking asteroids...

because in space, there is NO ROOM.
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-29-2010, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
... very bleak, dreary, and depressing as the non-fictional cold and blackness of space. I tried turning on Astrometrics and it is still dark as heck. I have adjusted my various lighting levels in-game but it does not get any better. I am posting this here because I am concerned that when Season 3 releases in two weeks, that this post will not be the only one not happy with the too realisticness of sector space.

Please Cryptic, consider making the sector space option to turn on Astrometrics (sp?) closer to the current sector space maps. For exmaple, just make the second option for sector space around half the brightness of the current version so it not as cartoony, but more mature and still retains the colored areas for the different races such as the Federation(blue), Klingsons(red), Romulans(green), Cardassians(yellow/brown), etc.
99.99999999999999999999999 percent of the playerbase asked and begged and pleaded with Cryptic for months on end to have sector space look and feel more like actual space rather than a big blue/red lined mess that is is now...

And now that 99.99999999999999999999999 percent of the playerbase has finally been given what they've begged for after so many months, a single lone solitary player just has this burning need to publicly complain about it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-29-2010, 01:06 AM
i also love the new sector space. i will admit i never hated the current set up but the new sector is a vast improvement.

i understand why some might like a more colourful sector space but i doubt cryptic will waste more time on what will only amount to a few peoples request.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-29-2010, 01:13 AM
I love the new sector space. It finally feels like space.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-29-2010, 01:17 AM
yea i am with the majority.. i love the new sector space.. keep it
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-29-2010, 01:29 AM
the change is perfect for what it is for season 3, its been in the works since beta and you should be thankful they put in this much effort into gettin the feel of space right. as Dan said this is the first step into making and impementign and open world space area and as such till they get tech right and implement it, this is what we as players wanted from the begining. there will be some things that will evolve and improve as we get closer to season 4 but rem the jump from season 2 to 3 is the best yet esp with foundry comin.
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-29-2010, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i also love the new sector space. i will admit i never hated the current set up but the new sector is a vast improvement.

i understand why some might like a more colourful sector space but i doubt cryptic will waste more time on what will only amount to a few peoples request.
They did it for the NX...just sayin'...

Anyway, I love the new sector space as well. First thing I did after logging into Tribble was shut astrometrics off. Finally, we at least look like we're exploring the final frontier. Now...about those sector walls....
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-29-2010, 02:06 AM
I can toss together a mod that turns the new sector space back into the old blue sector design .
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-29-2010, 03:23 AM
while i havent played in the new sector space. i can say it looks great a vast improvement form what we have now. and i cant wait till it goes live next month.
space is suppose to be bleak. the only light in space we have is froms stars and nebulas. i know theres a few more.
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-29-2010, 03:32 AM
I also love the new sector space. This game just keeps getting better. With foundry coming out a lot of us are not too worried about something that isn't a problem anyway.

I'd also like to put in a plug for bridge travel and combat. This could be the one thing that takes this game to the next level.