Lt. Commander
# 71
11-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikoy
Like I said I am 100% so happy with the current changes to sector space. I can't even begin to express my happiness with it. A few more land marks would be nice but as I said I love it the way it is too. But I still feel however the exploration areas need to be different from the rest of sector space. The explorations areas need to look like the badlands or the Mutara nebula. maybe not everyone, so in your face crazy, but something different about them that sets them apart from regular sector space. Making you feel you're in some place new and ready to explore.
See. Here is another person that gets what I am trying to say. I understand how great the changes area and I was happy with it like the rest of you at first, but going from Fed to Klingon space is no longer as apparent. The badlands areas are great, but you can't have such spacial anomolies (sp?) just everywhere to differentiate things.

After all everyone, this is just a game. It does not have to be absolutley true to real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9

<snip>
The only critisism of the new sector space that I have is that some ships aren't properly lighted, such as Klingon ships. Once that gets done the new sector space is near perfect.
Yup Yup. I sometimes feel like I am flying a stealth(non-cloaked) ship when flying through sector space in my Bird of Prey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varlo

<snip>

How about this for a compromise - a slider bar to adjust the brightness of the astrometrics overlay?
That sir, would be absolutely perfect if the bar was a color intensity bar. No need for them to keep the current map setup if we are to move past it, but I would appreciate having the option to adjust the color intensity from the menu to near the current Holodeck color through a slider option in the Options Menu like increasing Bloom effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny2581i View Post
i think the sector space is a bit too dark but i loved the changes so much i bought a lifetime sub . If cryptic keeps improving the game like their currently doing we're gonna see a much better star trek game by the middle of 2011.
Really? Well crap. That's a strong arguement for the other side that could dissuade Cryptic from appeasing the few of us that would like just a few more options in the upcoming sector space change.
Lt. Commander
# 72
11-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for all the feedback everyone, for and against what I was wanting.

Edit:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra37
I can toss together a mod that turns the new sector space back into the old blue sector design .
If this is something Cryptic would allow such as the past phaser color customization, then sure I may consider it. If not, then don't even bother pinging me.
Cryptic doesn't seem to mind client side mods, and Pendra's mods are the best, I personally use quite a few of them.

EDIT: for my input, I love sector space without the astrometrics. YES I DO feel that with astrometrics it's a bit too dark, they could turn up the tint a bit, they could also allow you the option to have a "classic mode" to give you the current color scheme, or you could allow Pendra to make a mod for ya
Lt. Commander
# 73
11-30-2010, 08:47 PM
I just have to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new sector space and am so glad it's not like the release one is. I can't wait for this implementation.

I for one am super glad it isn't anything like it used to be!
Lt. Commander
# 74
12-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Sorry to bump an old thread of mine, but with the Season 3 update launching tomorrow, I just wanted to point out that this still matters to me. I'm hoping that those who may not have ventured into Tribble may also lend their voices to this concern, so that the requested options may be given to those of us that prefer a look closer to the current sector color palette & setup.
Lt. Commander
# 75
12-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Ok, I see this was promptly ignored.

Unfortunate.