Lt. Commander
i am EXTREMELY happy to see both foundry and mission replay becoming a reality.
originally i wanted a fusion of these two concepts when the game first out.
but having each one a seperate entity is actually better!!!

i can't wait for either one.

however, in tribble i was going through mission replay and played the missions at the original level that the mission was taken during normal game play.

this means that replaying these missions is SUPER boring because the enemies in these missions are vanguished easily... TOO EASILY.

this realy hurts game play.
i don't see why you can't play the mission, which is suppose to be a simulation for training purposes, at your current rank/level!
this would breath new life into the mission, and make it much more challenging.

however if players don't want to work to hard to bat the mission, they can just set difficulty to normal.

ideally we could choose to fight at current level OR at original lvl setting.
but if i had to choose between the two i would say fighting at current level is MUCH better.

playing elite against a ship that is 30 levels below ou is a joke, no matter how bad you are.
playing on easy mode against bad guys you are your level, or near your level, is still fun and challenging!

i hope the devs see this, and act on it quickly, before replay goes live and everyone discoevers it is a boring waste of time.

BOTTOM LINE:
allowing replay to go live without lvl matching, or at tleast the choice of lvl matching, would be a complete waste of the potential of this important and long awaited STO feature!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-29-2010, 06:22 AM
They know this already. Problem is those old missions where not coded level agnostic, they need to go over each and everyone of them and redo parts of them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
They know this already. Problem is those old missions where not coded level agnostic, they need to go over each and everyone of them and redo parts of them.
Yep. I can't find the quote, but the intent is for it all to be scaled properly to your level when you replay it.

Until then, enjoy feeling like a god amongst insects.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Yep. I can't find the quote, but the intent is for it all to be scaled properly to your level when you replay it.

Until then, enjoy feeling like a god amongst insects.
My understanding is that the intent is for your ships scale down to the missions. The missions don't scale up to you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-29-2010, 12:54 PM
to be honest, i dont care if they boost my level, or dumb me down to match the level of the map!

as long as half the mission doesnt get obliterated when i accidentally hit spacebar!!!

i just hope they impliment what they are alledgedly talking about before season 3 comes to pass in a couple days!
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Yes, there is that issue of people liking it the way it is.

An option if it can be done is prob in order.

Below normal = the original run of the missions set to their original levels.
Normal = the mission bumped up to your level.
Advanced = ...
Elite = ....

Don't forget, even if mission replay goes live the way it is, the foundry is not too far behind.

I have wanted to see mission replay for ages, and even without the mission scaleability, I still look forward to getting that thing over on holo.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Accolade Hunters
11-29-2010, 01:31 PM
They will love this option. Some have real hard time getting people to share the simplest of mission. I have seen people asking for people to share missions and no one will share it or they just get ignored. Even among fleet I have seen this.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-29-2010, 11:27 PM
I would like the option of scaleing or not. At Captain I would like to redo some of the Klingon Front missions, but maybe fighting at Commander level difficulty instead of exactly my same level. Some of the sprites are just too hard to fight effectivly at my same level.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-30-2010, 01:32 AM
Doing missions at lower levels seemed fun and sometimes Trekish. So if they do make Replays scale up to a player's level, I hope we get an option to choose if we went to or not.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-30-2010, 07:43 AM
i agrree... in a prefect world AND If the devs listen... there SHOULD be a choice whether or not to scale!

i am sure some people just want to run through a map for nastalgia (spelling?)
also... many others just want to play certain missions over and over on SUPER easy to kill X amount of Gorn or Fk'lhr in order to obtain those hard to get achievments!!!
(honestly... how are you suppose to kill 1000 gorn foot soldiers?)

that's all well and good!

i just hope there is consideration for the rest of us who WANT replay and also want NOT to be BORED to death while replaying them.

some of the missions were REALLY easy when i went through the first time.
i thought the whole point of replay was to try the mission again but have it more challenging!
but then again i just want to play some misisons just to enjoy the map... like Qo'nos Buring, the Bjoran fire caves, and the Romulan alpha and beta bases!

in the end i think the only REAL solution is to have optional scaling, as well as retaining the difficulty level choices.

its the only option that makes any sense!