Lt. Commander
mmk, so i was reading one of the MMO news sites covering UGC in STO and there was concern over whether it was FAIR for devs to implement a feature that was essentially charging people a monthly sub to develop content for them.

yeeeea, i don't think that's happening, the devs won't head to the beach once UGC comes out...
(they can't... dev skin vaporizes on contact with sunlight)
some guy in Texas with a $139 tricorder replica won't be crafting our weekly episodes on a Mountain Dew fueled fanfic spree
(he'll be in the Cryptic office)
BUT i think there will always be the possibility that someone will create something so kick-ass that the devs will integrate it into the game
(like a sticky... in the forum of our hearts...)
Sooo if this situation comes to pass would the creators get a lil sum'n sum'n? like C-Moneys?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-29-2010, 12:06 AM
Probably not. Use at your own discretion and what not. OR they might you never know. Probably not though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-29-2010, 12:08 AM
You know, I think that might be something that Cryptic should consider. If someone creates an especially good scenario it would be nice if they received 'something' for doing it. That something could be as simple as an accolade that gives you a boost in some combat related area, or as far up the scale as C-Points. I'm more inclined to go for the Accolade part though, as that would reduce people trying to game the system for free C-Points.

But I like this thought of yours and hope DStahl and Co. considers it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-29-2010, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyn
mmk, so i was reading one of the MMO news sites covering UGC in STO and there was concern over whether it was FAIR for devs to implement a feature that was essentially charging people a monthly sub to develop content for them.

yeeeea, i don't think that's happening, the devs won't head to the beach once UGC comes out...
(they can't... dev skin vaporizes on contact with sunlight)
some guy in Texas with a $139 tricorder replica won't be crafting our weekly episodes on a Mountain Dew fueled fanfic spree
(he'll be in the Cryptic office)
BUT i think there will always be the possibility that someone will create something so kick-ass that the devs will integrate it into the game
(like a sticky... in the forum of our hearts...)
Sooo if this situation comes to pass would the creators get a lil sum'n sum'n? like C-Moneys?
Umm, no; (it would cause a mess with the California 'contractor for hire' labor laws that Cryptic has to abide by). What you get is the knowledge and recognition that your mission story and design was deemed good enough to be incorporated into the 'main game' (and not just be part of the 'Foundry Tab mission list.)

Also, 'The Foundry' is a completely optional feature. In effect, you aren't paying for the tools to 'do the content developers jobs for them'; you are deciding to make use of a completely optional feature that allows you to create a story/mission in STO; or not. Whatever you decide to do with regard to using/not using 'The Foundry' system; it has no effect on your actual STO gameplay experience that you pay for.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-29-2010, 12:19 AM
I don't want to insult anyone but I thought only communist would think about consuming things without paying somehow for it.

I play STO like it or not doing this game means alot of work for the employees of Cryptics studio. If it wasn't so anyone would be able to comme with something similar as STO or even better.

As far as i'm concern there is only one STO around. Lot of people criticise it but still only Cryptic put on the rails a coherent and money making MMORPG around star trek univers. All other intents so far failed miserably since 2000.

Why should cryptic refund its client since CBS doesn't plan to refund cryptic. Most of your monney goes directly to CBS pockets. Because they are the Star Trek legal right holders.

Why you always so the anything so much with a so short point of view.

If using foundry feels like a job for you don't use it. That's simple.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-29-2010, 12:20 AM
people wont get any kind of compensation but if the creators keep creating excellent missions that keep getting good rating im not against those players get some sort of title or accolade or stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-29-2010, 12:22 AM
NO

if you are playing this game and decide you want to contribute content, and then others consider your effort especially good, then they can choose to donate in game credit to you at their own discretion.

BUT

No one who is playing (therefore paying for) this game should get any reimbursement from Cryptic. It would be like Wikipedia paying you to post information on their site.

I would love to create and tell some stories of my own in the context of the Star Trek Expanded Universe which the game operates in. I don't think I should be paid for it unless I work for Cryptic and do it on their terms and time-scale.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-29-2010, 12:59 AM
when i asked i wasn't thinking of anything like a paycheck or royalties...

and i didn't know C-points were so tightly regulated...
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-29-2010, 01:15 AM
I don't think there should be any compensation other than if you do a good job and people like your mission then you get a high rating.

Other than that... nope.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-29-2010, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
I don't think there should be any compensation other than if you do a good job and people like your mission then you get a high rating.

Other than that... nope.
Not even candy? Or perhaps pie?