Lt. Commander
# 11
11-30-2010, 05:29 PM
StormShade, you mentioned that we would be able to edit your missions ("You'll be able to create your own maps, or edit ours.") Does that mean that some of the missions already existing in the game are available for us to open and tinker with to use as examples of how to use The Foundtry (Beta) for Star Trek Online? If so, that'd be freaking awesome.

P.S. I've noticed you guys always referring to it as "The Foundtry (Beta) for Star Trek Online". This reminds me a lot of "The image was enhanced using Adobe® Photoshop® software." How long 'til we have to start referring to it as such too? :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizixMan View Post
StormShade, you mentioned that we would be able to edit your missions ("You'll be able to create your own maps, or edit ours.").
He said Maps, not missions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizixMan View Post
P.S. I've noticed you guys always referring to it as "The Foundtry (Beta) for Star Trek Online". This reminds me a lot of "The image was enhanced using Adobe® Photoshop® software." How long 'til we have to start referring to it as such too? :p
That page reminds me of the page on the LEGO site telling it its "LEGO" not "legos"
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Ahh woops. Reading comprehension FTW. Thanks Tuskin.
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
I agree 100% with you. The Mission Architect system which Paragon Studios created for CoX would not work well for STO. Which is why we've created The Foundry (Beta) for Star Trek Online.

These are two totally different tool sets which have been created by two totally different teams, at two totally different companies.

While there are no more screen shots available at this time, I want to assure you that this will be a full fledged suite of mission authoring tools. You'll be able to create your own maps, or edit ours. You can choose where to place objects, and encounters. You can write your own dialogue; madlibs are not required or included.

We've got whole ton of information to drop for you all as soon as The Foundry goes to Tribble; and while I understand the wait is frustrating, I think you'll enjoy our initial offering once it makes its way to you on our test server.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Well you guys have had it in closed beta on another server with community folks testing it for over a month now... why not just open THAT server up to people while you get tribble fixed up...since that server is obviously working...
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Well you guys have had it in closed beta on another server with community folks testing it for over a month now... why not just open THAT server up to people while you get tribble fixed up...since that server is obviously working...
That server has ALOT more unreleased material than just Foundry I can assure you.