Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I guess I'm just dumb, but I'm not finding the official walkthrough very helpful. If anyone who was in CB could create a more detailed easy to follow walkthough it would be greatly appreciated!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Darren K is making some videos. Is there something specific that need explained GN? I'll try to work on something.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-02-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm working on a series of video tutorials that will have basic stuff to some advanced features not covered by the devs at the moment.

The devs, however, have created a text/picture based one here:
(=| http://www.startrekonline.com/foundrywalkthrough |=)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-02-2010, 02:13 PM
how do you link maps to other maps? I.e. if you have a space sector map and want it where if you approach a planet you have the option of beaming down to the planet which takes you to a planet map (that you have already made) how do you link the two?

thanks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evenios View Post
how do you link maps to other maps? I.e. if you have a space sector map and want it where if you approach a planet you have the option of beaming down to the planet which takes you to a planet map (that you have already made) how do you link the two?

thanks.
place an objective marker down on that new map (i.e. the npc you need to talk to or the reach marker).

This auto creates a map transfer option.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-02-2010, 02:52 PM
I hope offical dev walkthroughs are released soon. To be honest i am suprised that no sets of walk throughs and or videos were not posted with the beta release, unless they plan to do so in the coming day or so.

I guess for the moment its worrying about server load :-) then once the mass rush of OMG OMG I has to try it dies down some nice walkthroughs and videos will be made.

:-)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evenios View Post
I hope offical dev walkthroughs are released soon. To be honest i am suprised that no sets of walk throughs and or videos were not posted with the beta release, unless they plan to do so in the coming day or so.

I guess for the moment its worrying about server load :-) then once the mass rush of OMG OMG I has to try it dies down some nice walkthroughs and videos will be made.

:-)
The devs have posted a walkthrough. It was listed a few posts above yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
[color="DarkOrange"]The devs, however, have created a text/picture based one here:
(=| http://www.startrekonline.com/foundrywalkthrough |=)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:25 AM.