Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
11-30-2010, 12:26 PM
If you are going to nerf sci, then I think the rest needs a balanced nerf as well

ALL: Reduce EPtS 3 and 2 effects by half
TAC: Take away AP Alpha ability to multiply hull and shield heal effects
ENG: Miracle Worker, Eng Team Heals reduced by half

That should be about equal to the SNB nerf.

I like this game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
11-30-2010, 12:36 PM
I did 35 arena space matchs last night and i saw one person that was not a sci toon. Everyone else was a sci toon. its no diffrent than when escourts could kill anything in 3 sec's and everyone was flying one till it got a nerf i see it being the same way now. The premades that stack 5 sci guys time there sub nukes and take anyone out doesint matter if your the best healer in the game. 5 snb's and your done. unless you have 5 sci teams who runs with that? I have been here since beta and when ever something is overpowered everyone uses it. Take a good look over the next few days in pvp to see how many sci guys your going up agenst its about 90% of pvp right now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
11-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepez
I did 35 arena space matchs last night and i saw one person that was not a sci toon. Everyone else was a sci toon. its no diffrent than when escourts could kill anything in 3 sec's and everyone was flying one till it got a nerf i see it being the same way now. The premades that stack 5 sci guys time there sub nukes and take anyone out doesint matter if your the best healer in the game. 5 snb's and your done. unless you have 5 sci teams who runs with that? I have been here since beta and when ever something is overpowered everyone uses it. Take a good look over the next few days in pvp to see how many sci guys your going up agenst its about 90% of pvp right now.
Some escorts can still kill in 3 seconds or less. Because they learned to adapt. As far as every one being a sci captain? That is a stretch. I my self am Science but have been one since day one.

The biggest problem in the game now is not SNB. It is those FOTM types jumping into cruisers and the spam that 2 or more carriers can throw out. FOTM= Flavor of the Month for those not familiar with the acronym.

As for those fleets running all of one thing like 5 science ships? Just leave the match and deny them their game. When they run out of things to kill because no one will play with them they will change their tactics. Same thing goes for all 5 cruisers...

Oh and btw I have seen a team of all 5 escorts (defiant R) kill everything in sight too and I was the only sci/escort in that group. That was just in the last two weeks. Nearly any combination can be abused.

It's all rocks, paper, scissors.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
11-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedryk_
TAC: Take away AP Alpha ability to multiply hull and shield heal effects
??? I was unaware of this effect from this power.


Quote:
I like this game.
As do I, when I can play it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
11-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
Some escorts can still kill in 3 seconds or less. Because they learned to adapt. As far as every one being a sci captain? That is a stretch. I my self am Science but have been one since day one.

The biggest problem in the game now is not SNB. It is those FOTM types jumping into cruisers and the spam that 2 or more carriers can throw out. FOTM= Flavor of the Month for those not familiar with the acronym.

As for those fleets running all of one thing like 5 science ships? Just leave the match and deny them their game. When they run out of things to kill because no one will play with them they will change their tactics. Same thing goes for all 5 cruisers...

Oh and btw I have seen a team of all 5 escorts (defiant R) kill everything in sight too and I was the only sci/escort in that group. That was just in the last two weeks. Nearly any combination can be abused.

It's all rocks, paper, scissors.
"As far as every one being a sci captain? That is a stretch."

That is no joke i even had a few people with me for 10 arenas and we all checked the opp. team to see what type of captains they are. Everyone is hoping on the bandwagon start paying attn. in your pvp fights and you will see.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
11-30-2010, 01:30 PM
For the record, I was a Sci captain before it was cool (/flex).

Science as the boogie man is ********, people. Even the bible would agree! >_>;
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
11-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedryk_
If you are going to nerf sci, then I think the rest needs a balanced nerf as well

ALL: Reduce EPtS 3 and 2 effects by half
TAC: Take away AP Alpha ability to multiply hull and shield heal effects
ENG: Miracle Worker, Eng Team Heals reduced by half

That should be about equal to the SNB nerf.

I like this game.
I think we all agree, that not SNB but the resist stacking is the real issue. In this weird environment, SNB is op'ed. Just get rid of this crap and the resulting cruiser fest and SNB will be an ability like anything else again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
11-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepez
"As far as every one being a sci captain? That is a stretch."

That is no joke i even had a few people with me for 10 arenas and we all checked the opp. team to see what type of captains they are. Everyone is hoping on the bandwagon start paying attn. in your pvp fights and you will see.
I don't suppose you have paid attention to the all those cruisers out there? Hmmm. The answer is not always NERF. Sometimes the answer is adapt and out think your opponent.

And if you are right, then I wonder why I am not being snbed more than maybe once a night if I get that? And when I am SNBed it rarely results in killing me.

Some of you may not like this, but some of the builds out there are just plain crap and would get knocked over by a breeze.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
11-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
Some of you may not like this, but some of the builds out there are just plain crap and would get knocked over by a breeze.
Seriously. I farted in sector space and my ship exploded. True story.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
11-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
I don't suppose you have paid attention to the all those cruisers out there? Hmmm. The answer is not always NERF. Sometimes the answer is adapt and out think your opponent.

And if you are right, then I wonder why I am not being snbed more than maybe once a night if I get that? And when I am SNBed it rarely results in killing me.

Some of you may not like this, but some of the builds out there are just plain crap and would get knocked over by a breeze.
well how about this because chatting on here is not doing eather of us any good why not fly with me tonight and you will see what i am talking about. Maybe your not getting the snb because there all using it on someone they feel is a threat in the match and you just get what is left over? I will bet you 500k EC that out of 10 arenas we will only see one or two teams that will have one person that is not a sci captain. I also never said you couldint beat them. Something just needs to change so that not everyone that pvp is useing a sci toon. as of right now they are the kings of pvp.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:24 PM.