Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 New Ship Prefixs: NCX and EX
11-30-2010, 02:17 AM
well, guys, i think it's time our ships get new Prefixs.
NCX and EX Exist In Soft Canon Books, Why Don't have New Prefixs for STO? after all it's soft Canon STO.
let us know of Dev could comment on this for adding to Ships prefix?

anyone, would you rather have NCX or EX than NX and NCC?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
11-30-2010, 02:19 AM
No thanks.

No more non-canon BS, please.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
11-30-2010, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
No thanks.

No more non-canon BS, please.
excuse me?
idk if you have NOTICED, our Star Trek Online IS soft canon, and by the rights of Cryptic and CBS, they can choose this for OUR STO.

please check the facts and proof of our STO's canon is. before you think it's non canon... jeez

we got NX classes and it's soft canon another many more on way too
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
11-30-2010, 02:33 AM
NCC covers ships on active commission whilst NX is for experimental vessels (ie vessels under construction if even registered and prototypes). Leaving other 'soft canon' sources aside - and which ones are you referring to, by the way? - the two hard canon prefixes cover every vessel in Starfleet.

I must admit that I don't see the need either from a canon point of view or a gameplay one and I'm interested in why the OP thinks this is worth adding.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
11-30-2010, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haegr
NCC covers ships on active commission whilst NX is for experimental vessels (ie vessels under construction if even registered and prototypes). Leaving other 'soft canon' sources aside - and which ones are you referring to, by the way? - the two hard canon prefixes cover every vessel in Starfleet.

I must admit that I don't see the need either from a canon point of view or a gameplay one and I'm interested in why the OP thinks this is worth adding.
have you seen VOY episodes "Future's end" part one and two? they had NCX Prefix

and Star Trek Phoenix also has it.
http://www.stphoenix.com/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
11-30-2010, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlink1 View Post
....

we got NX classes and it's soft canon another many more on way too
Wrong, hard canon is what was in the films and on TV... NX01 was on TV in ST:Enterprise with the quantum leap captain and her sister ship NX02 , so NX is hard canon.

Though I'd be intrested to learn what the others were supposed to be used for in the books??

And I don't see why we could not have more prefixs added, makes things a little different, a little more personal
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
11-30-2010, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey79 View Post
hard canon is what was in the films and on TV... NX-01 was on TV in ST Enterprise with the quantum leap captain and her sister ship NX02 , so NX is hard canon.

Though I'd be intrested to learn what the others were supposed to be used for in the books??

And I don't see why we could not have more prefixs added, makes things a little different, a little more personal
as you may have not noticed as well... NX-01 is in game already and it's soft canon too you might well have to take the fact NX-01 is diffrent from rest of other ships and it is soft canon plus hard canon
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
11-30-2010, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlink1 View Post
well, guys, i think it's time our ships get new Prefixs.
NCX and EX Exist In Soft Canon Books, Why Don't have New Prefixs for STO? after all it's soft Canon STO.
let us know of Dev could comment on this for adding to Ships prefix?

anyone, would you rather have NCX or EX than NX and NCC?
I've not heard of those prefixes before. I don't have an opinion just yet. I'd like to know the context. Can you suggest a novel where these were in use?

I was also recalling (not for the registry - but for the starships name) UTS >source<. Which might work well for an NPC starship. But not, IMO, for our current Captains.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
11-30-2010, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
I've not heard of those prefixes before. I don't have an opinion just yet. I'd like to know the context. Can you suggest a novel where these were in use?

I was also recalling (not for the registry - but for the starships name) UTS >source<. Which might work well for an NPC starship. But not, IMO, for our current Captains.
please read the second post (regarding Hag's post)

that's where they come from. but unfortunely for me i don't have ST books i never ever owned one but i read daily at Borders.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
11-30-2010, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlink1 View Post
have you seen VOY episodes "Future's end" part one and two? they had NCX Prefix

and Star Trek Phoenix also has it.
http://www.stphoenix.com/
Phoenix is *fanfiction*

I cant remember seeing any Starfleet Vessels with the registry NCX

I suggest you read this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfle...s_in_Star_Trek
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:40 PM.