Lt. Commander
# 21
11-30-2010, 05:39 AM
saying the NX-01 is soft canon. buddy you need to re read and re watch tv shows. theres nothing soft canon about it. It was in a Star trek TV show.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-30-2010, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superlink1 View Post
as you may have not noticed as well... NX-01 is in game already and it's soft canon too you might well have to take the fact NX-01 is diffrent from rest of other ships and it is soft canon plus hard canon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
The NX-01 is hard canon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainThraxx
saying the NX-01 is soft canon. buddy you need to re read and re watch tv shows. theres nothing soft canon about it. It was in a Star trek TV show.

honey, i watch the shows, and i know exactly what i'm talking about.

NX-01 IS also Soft Canon even if it is Hard Canon, but NX-01 is in game as replica so it is SOFT CANON
end of the subject.
Lt. Commander
# 23 Canon
11-30-2010, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
No thanks.

No more non-canon BS, please.
The great thing about a game like this is that something that is non-canon is made canon via the game. Remember at one point in time the Galaxy class ship was not canon. In fact the old Connie was not canon at one point. The only way is for someone to create it and then decide to make it part of the Star Trek Universe. The last thing that the franchise wants is to be stuck in one point with zero innovation.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-30-2010, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainThraxx
The OP doesn't know what he's talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-30-2010, 05:58 AM
Okay, a few things, the only Starfleet registries seen have the prefix NCC, NX, or (In the 29th century) NCV for timeships. Note STO takes place in the very early 25th century, and no standard ships have inbuilt time machines, so only NX and NCC should really be used.

The only Starfleet ships, in canon, to use anything other than NX or NCC were ships in the 'Enterprise' era, before the UFP was founded, where the prefix denoted the class.

NAR, NDT, NFT, NGL, and NSP are all Federation, yet NOT Starfleet prefixes. I.e. Civillian, Federation Freight, Vulcan etc.

Off Topic:

And MelineAaele, you say the 'real' Proxima was the USS Proxima NCC-2001, yet you quote Memory Beta, which uses non-canon roleplay as a source, and even then it says the ship is destroyed. (We do hear about another USS Proxima in "DS9: In Purgatory's Shadow" being lost, no canon class or registry is stated, but the Star Trek Encyclopedia atates it's a Nebula class NCC-61952)
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-30-2010, 05:59 AM
XXX

Stands for, uh, "Extremely Experimental Explorer".
Lt. Commander
# 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburke4 View Post
The great thing about a game like this is that something that is non-canon is made canon via the game. Remember at one point in time the Galaxy class ship was not canon. In fact the old Connie was not canon at one point. The only way is for someone to create it and then decide to make it part of the Star Trek Universe. The last thing that the franchise wants is to be stuck in one point with zero innovation.
Innovation is good. The only problem I have with extra prefixes is meaning. NCC and NX already cover the normal and experimental ships. Why would Starfleet even need another prefix? While certain civilian crewed ships may have other prefixes, starfleet generally likes to keep with these first two.
Lt. Commander
# 28
Quote:
honey
That is a man, a very delicious man, but a man none the less. Honey.
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-30-2010, 06:00 AM
Quote:
honey, i watch the shows, and i know exactly what i'm talking about.

NX-01 IS also Soft Canon even if it is Hard Canon, but NX-01 is in game as replica so it is SOFT CANON
end of the subject.
honey? i thought we where keeping our pet names and secret love affair a secret......damn. Its not Soft. you mean in game its soft. and ive seen a few people asking you what these rediculous Prefixes stand for as well.
Lt. Commander
# 30 I don't get it.
11-30-2010, 06:02 AM
I will never understand the aversion that some folks have to any innovation or expansion of the Star Trek Universe in the name of canon unless it comes directly from a small handful of people in Hollywood. If there is no expansion of the Star Trek universe it will die, proof of this fact is TNG, Voyager, DS9, Enterprise...... would folks be happier if there was nothing other than TOS using the old Connie and etc?