Sadly, it looks like we'll be waiting till sometime in 2011
Which absolutely sucks! SUCKS!!!
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
Which absolutely sucks! SUCKS!!!
You won't get an argument from me. At this point, I'm just flat out frustrated w/ this delay & irritated w/ the fact that this uniform is still not on the calender. I'm disappointed that Dec is almost over and every uniform on that poll (plus some that weren't on it) have been made and released, HOWEVER the top 2 are still missing.

In another thread someone said at the beginning of Dec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlothfulDragoon View Post
I just checked the calendar myself. I have to say I'm really, REALLY annoyed that the AGT uniform isn't on there. I mean its done, already in the Foundry, and waaaaaaaaaaaaay less buggy than many of the other uniforms were when they were released (and less buggy than other uniforms even now...I'm looking at you 200 day veteran reward jacket!). I fail to see any reason why its not being released in December!

At this point, I NEED to see one of the following:
1) It added to the calendar for December 9th.
2) It given away free with the release of Season 3.
3) It given away early to those who participated in the Tribble Test Weekend (with a public release shortly afterward).
4) A solid explanation from a developer explaining why it will take until January for this to be ready.

Sorry for the nerd rage, but I have been waiting patiently for months for the only known canonical 25th century uniform to make its appearance...and then to be see this? *sigh*
I'm sharing this persons sentiment. Unfortunately
1) It added to the calendar for December 9th. This date came and went w/ nothing in sight.
2) It given away free with the release of Season 3. This too has come and gone w/ no uniform
3) It given away early to those who participated in the Tribble Test Weekend (with a public release shortly afterward). Yet another speculation that didn't come to be.
4) A solid explanation from a developer explaining why it will take until January for this to be ready. I just don't see this happening since the devs have barely touched the topic of this uniform and when they do thye are vague at best.

I'll be severely disappointed if Jan comes and this uniform is released as it stands now. The reason for that is that as it stands NOW that uniform could have been released weeks ago but wasn't.

However, if the uniform is released in Jan w/ new options like, admiral Janeway's variant or it's given away as part of some sort of anniversary gift, I'll be thrilled w/ the delay because it would have made this long wait well worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-30-2010, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
You won't get an argument from me. At this point, I'm just flat out frustrated w/ this delay & irritated w/ the fact that this uniform is still not on the calender. I'm disappointed that Dec is almost over and every uniform on that poll (plus some that weren't on it) have been made and released, HOWEVER the top 2 are still missing.

In another thread someone said at the beginning of Dec.

I'm sharing this persons sentiment. Unfortunately
1) It added to the calendar for December 9th. This date came and went w/ nothing in sight.
2) It given away free with the release of Season 3. This too has come and gone w/ no uniform
3) It given away early to those who participated in the Tribble Test Weekend (with a public release shortly afterward). Yet another speculation that didn't come to be.
4) A solid explanation from a developer explaining why it will take until January for this to be ready. I just don't see this happening since the devs have barely touched the topic of this uniform and when they do thye are vague at best.

I'll be severely disappointed if Jan comes and this uniform is released as it stands now. The reason for that is that as it stands NOW that uniform could have been released weeks ago but wasn't.

However, if the uniform is released in Jan w/ new options like, admiral Janeway's variant or it's given away as part of some sort of anniversary gift, I'll be thrilled w/ the delay because it would have made this long wait well worth it.
I agree with you and everyone else completely.

And why conduct a poll on what the fans want and then not give it to them? Why start with the least voted on items and work your way up...especially when an item is ready or near ready for release and especially since we're going to be paying via the Cstore for it. You would think that if the AGT uniform had the most votes, that means it is going to make the most money.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-02-2011, 06:48 AM
Anyone think there might be a reason they are holding off on the release, not just to **** everyone off?? Maybe they are including it in a pack like the Enterprise uniforms, or it is possible that they feel its just not ready yet!!
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK13 View Post
Anyone think there might be a reason they are holding off on the release, not just to **** everyone off?? Maybe they are including it in a pack like the Enterprise uniforms, or it is possible that they feel its just not ready yet!!
There has been NO mention of a pack, not even a hint, where as the Ent pack was announced months ahead of it's release. As for whether or not the uniform is ready, I find it unlikely that the uniform isn't ready. As I said before, I have tested this uniform in the foundry on my missions and I can't find anything wrong w/ it. As a matter of fact it has less clipping issues than current ones. The ONLY thing I did find "wrong" w/ it is some clipping w/ the rank pips and I can't see that being reason to hold the uniform's release, especially when you consider that there are uniforms already in game w/ the same issue.

What do I know though. Last time they delayed something this popular was w/ Caitians and it was well worth it. The team made that species look amazing. Perhaps the wait for the uniform will be equally rewarding if upon release we find that what's been seen on tribble is nothing in comparison to what we actually get.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-03-2011, 11:57 AM
I have been using the uniform for several weeks in The Foundry, there were several graphical glitches for most of the time I used them, however they seem to be at least partially fixed (there was a serious issue with rank pips getting clipped inside the uniform, and it happened on quite a few of the stances, while I still notice a bit of a clip on the Fleet Admiral pips, it seems to have gone away considerably (this goes for the lifetime combadge too).

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...8/futureme.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm
I'm not sure I understand the hype over this uniform. I think it seems rather bland. At least that's what I thought before checking out this thread.

Then I look at those links in the last post from the foundry and I think they made the all good things... uniform look better then it did in the show.

Also I think it's great they seem to be on track to get every uniform you could think of into the game.
I LOVE the signature lol ! I always here Stewie's voice when I read one of your posts lol
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-03-2011, 08:42 PM
You know, the "open jacket" uniform actually won the poll, and it'll be the last of the poll choices to be added to the game. I know that's been said before.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm
I'm not sure I understand the hype over this uniform. I think it seems rather bland. At least that's what I thought before checking out this thread.

Then I look at those links in the last post from the foundry and I think they made the all good things... uniform look better then it did in the show.

Also I think it's great they seem to be on track to get every uniform you could think of into the game.
The thing about the shows is, they depict them as generally solid in color, whereas our uniform will have 4 color options: shoulders/chest/stomach/pinstripe. It makes it far more customizable and can generate some nice looking combinations. I wish they would extend the pinstripe option to the seam, but hey it still comes out ok.

They only use the TNG pips though (then again all uniforms only have 1 pip option), but I would like to see how they would look with our standard pips, or the Enterprise ones.