Lt. Commander
# 21
12-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Hey guess what? You see that over there. The bright blue light. That is my opinion. Are you going to stab my opinion with a Bat'leth. Fine. Are you going to shoot my opinion with a Phaser. Thats fine too. But it will still be there.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
Hey guess what? You see that over there. The bright blue light. That is my opinion. Are you going to stab my opinion with a Bat'leth. Fine. Are you going to shoot my opinion with a Phaser. Thats fine too. But it will still be there.
I see it over there right near my opnion. It'll be there too. Whoopdedoo.

Quote:
Seriously not all of us covershield people are griefers.
Probably not, and its too bad the non-griefers have to suffer for the acts of the griefers.
Quote:
You're greifing us by taking it away.
You're not being griefed at all. But if you want to say someone is griefing you, it'd be the people that did use CS to annoy other players.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-05-2010, 03:33 PM
I vote we get rid of cover shield entirely as it's a ****-poor power and instead replace it with something worthwhile.

From pretty much any spot on any map natural cover is closer to your character than the activation time for cover shield. It's a complete waste. Right up there with Orbital Strike...
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-05-2010, 03:43 PM
/not signed
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Let me put it this way.

Covershields "sole" purpose is as a tool for combat.
Using it to get to places where you are not supposed to be was never part of its intended use.
In fact, there is a reason for barriers such as steep slopes, tall objects etc, and that is to KEEP YOU FROM GOING THERE!

Which is why there exists no valid reason to change things back, regardless of wether you grief or not.
And if you want to get technical, using the chovershield to go where you should not be can be classified as an "exploit"
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Petitions are against the rules.
Not according to the first ammendment and US federal law. Good luck trying to enforce that particular rule.

That aside its still a bad idea. it was removed for a reason.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
Not according to the first ammendment and US federal law. Good luck trying to enforce that particular rule.
Hey mister constitutional lawyer, I suggest you listen more in class.

Quote:
Congress shall make no law (...) prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech
See how it says Congress, not Cryptic? I suppose they both start with 'C', so I can sort of see how you got confused.

Geez, I'm not even an American and I know this.
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Covershield being used for climbing is rediculous and pointless. Those of you that feel that opening up the potential for griefers to misuse it just so you can stand high up on boxes, are also... rediculous and pointless. Get a more constructive hobby, seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-06-2010, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85

That aside its still a bad idea. it was removed for a reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor12345 View Post
Hey mister constitutional lawyer, I suggest you listen more in class.

See how it says Congress, not Cryptic? I suppose they both start with 'C', so I can sort of see how you got confused.

Geez, I'm not even an American and I know this.
You wouldn't believe how many people get that wrong. I'm American and I'm embarrassed for him.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Let me put it this way.

Covershields "sole" purpose is as a tool for combat.
Using it to get to places where you are not supposed to be was never part of its intended use.
In fact, there is a reason for barriers such as steep slopes, tall objects etc, and that is to KEEP YOU FROM GOING THERE!

Which is why there exists no valid reason to change things back, regardless of wether you grief or not.
And if you want to get technical, using the chovershield to go where you should not be can be classified as an "exploit"
Going Places WAS part of its INTENDED USE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
I vote we get rid of cover shield entirely as it's a ****-poor power and instead replace it with something worthwhile.

From pretty much any spot on any map natural cover is closer to your character than the activation time for cover shield. It's a complete waste. Right up there with Orbital Strike...
NO it's not Waste of time unless you see what Covershield can do, it does wonders for people WHO KNOWS how to DO IT RIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
Covershield being used for climbing is rediculous and pointless. Those of you that feel that opening up the potential for griefers to misuse it just so you can stand high up on boxes, are also... rediculous and pointless. Get a more constructive hobby, seriously.
Have you THOUGHT about how to ambush Enemy NPCs during mission? well you Can Use Covershield to climb High Places and Ambush Them Up here so they can't LOCK on you or FIRE on you, this is what i call "Ambush Exploit" pfft you should know here are MANY, MANY USES for Covershield to Fight Enemy NPCS
Closed Thread