Lt. Commander
Hi,

I played the demo today and it made me create an account on Cryptic's website etc. I like the name of the character along with ship's name. And after playing the demo. I decided to give this game a shot, so I bought the Deluxe Key.

I had originally exited the game in sector map mode. And now when I log in, I can't anywhere outside or do anything besides fly the shape around the sector map.

It says Can't transfer Character.

So If I delete my character and create a new one. Will I still get to make two characters in this deluxe account. Or will I lose the name and ship name. I really want to keep my character's name and ship name. Its funny and I like it. This is my first time ever playing any kind of MMO.

I had submitted a trouble ticket regarding this issue.

But could it be the character was a demo account character?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-30-2010, 07:01 PM
Welcome to STO!

Sounds like a technical issue that MIGHT be fixable by Cryptic support, but it might take awhile. If you've only played the demo, you haven't got much to lose by restarting your char.

For the record, character names & ship names are not reserved when one person uses them. You can use any name you want (as long as its not filtered out ) so you can recreate your character completely without any issues. Your current character will need to be deleted to use the same name.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-30-2010, 07:40 PM
nvm. .............
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your help. It worked. Awesome. I even closed my ticket. The graphics are so much better as compared to the demo.

Have a great day,

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
Welcome to STO!

Sounds like a technical issue that MIGHT be fixable by Cryptic support, but it might take awhile. If you've only played the demo, you haven't got much to lose by restarting your char.

For the record, character names & ship names are not reserved when one person uses them. You can use any name you want (as long as its not filtered out ) so you can recreate your character completely without any issues. Your current character will need to be deleted to use the same name.