Lt. Commander
# 91
02-23-2011, 02:16 PM
@Krell83, I have been very vocal about this in the past trying to get attention drawn to this issue, Dave and DStahl are both aware of this issue and have both posted on this topic so all we can do is wait to see if they resolve the issue or if they ask us for help in resolving this issue.

Dave's Response
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=268

DStahl's Response
http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2291

Q: 647379: (Paraphrasing) Why haven't you fixed the graphical issue with ATI Graphic Cards yet?

A: We have a dedicated development team as well as a compatibility lab that is continuously looking into these issues. Earlier this week they posted this reply in the Graphical Issues forum on our site. We understand that some players continue to have graphical problems and the best I can do is encourage you to continue working with our compatibility lab testers to find solutions. Sometimes these issues can be extremely tricky to the point that ATI, Cryptic, and individual consumers have to work together to investigate an issue that is only impacting .001% of the player base. We know it sucks and I feel for you - which is why I'm answering your question as best I can. I can only assure you that Cryptic is working on the issue, but it is not as cut and dry as you'd hope it would be.
Lt. Commander
# 92
02-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DStahl
DStahl's Response
http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2291

Q: 647379: (Paraphrasing) Why haven't you fixed the graphical issue with ATI Graphic Cards yet?

A: We have a dedicated development team as well as a compatibility lab that is continuously looking into these issues. Earlier this week they posted this reply in the Graphical Issues forum on our site. We understand that some players continue to have graphical problems and the best I can do is encourage you to continue working with our compatibility lab testers to find solutions. Sometimes these issues can be extremely tricky to the point that ATI, Cryptic, and individual consumers have to work together to investigate an issue that is only impacting .001% of the player base. We know it sucks and I feel for you - which is why I'm answering your question as best I can. I can only assure you that Cryptic is working on the issue, but it is not as cut and dry as you'd hope it would be.
To be honest, this idea that only .001% of the player base uses ATI is just hardcore Bull****. I read that and almost blew my stack. If the guys at Cryptic REALLY think that Nvidia has 99.999% of the market in the world, they need to wake up and smell the coffee. I would say that this is an issue that most likely affects 50% of their player base...

Furthermore I don't want to see one more dev come into this forum and say that they cannot reproduce the problem... That means they have not even tried..PERIOD.

Here...let me tell you how to reproduce it... Take the Nvidia card out of your comp,....drop an ATI card in.. turn on dynamic lighting... BAM.. there you go. Reproduced it for you.

I am not going to be all nice here and be politically correct by getting down on my knees and begging like a dog for a problem that has been in the game since I was in closed beta to be resoloved. This problem effects EVERY player I know that has an ATI card. Don't sit here and tell me 0.001%. If you cannot be honest, don't answer the question.

So stop sitting on your hands and fix it....

NOW.
Lt. Commander
# 93
02-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
To be honest, this idea that only .001% of the player base uses ATI is just hardcore Bull****. I read that and almost blew my stack. If the guys at Cryptic REALLY think that Nvidia has 99.999% of the market in the world, they need to wake up and smell the coffee. I would say that this is an issue that most likely affects 50% of their player base...
What dstahl meant is that not all ATI users are experiencing this either, not even all 57xx/58xx users. He didn't mean 99% of users are on nvidia systems.

Reading Comprehension FTW!
Lt. Commander
# 94
02-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
I thought the split was more even as well. But according to the latest Steam Hardware survey, it works out as:

Nvidia: 59.11%
ATI: 32.98%
Intel: 6.22%
Other: 1.69%

Given Steam's audience (PC gaming enthusiasts), I would say this represents a fair ratio of all PC gamers.

It surprises me. I was expecting 50:50 or near enough.
Lt. Commander
# 95
02-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
What dstahl meant is that not all ATI users are experiencing this either, not even all 57xx/58xx users. He didn't mean 99% of users are on nvidia systems.

Reading Comprehension FTW!
Math comprehension FTW.

Tell you what.. crunch the numbers.. assume half or 1/3 of the players in the game have ATI cards... then assume that 0.001% of them have issues.. now tell me.. how many players do you think that would mean.

Now.. those 10 or 20 people that have this issue according to Dstahl's numbers (and I know that many myself.. and I am just one person..and EVERY person I know that has an ATI has this issue... EVERY ONE)... let's see if we can find more posters than that in these threads. Then figure out that the VAST majority of the people in these games (90% or greater) are not vocal on the forums..and there you go.. his answer is still 99.999% BS.

PERIOD.
Lt. Commander
# 96
02-24-2011, 07:59 AM
I am sick of this problem as well and have submitted tickets on it in the past. I ended up turning off Dynamic Lighting and it fixed the problem mostly (with obvious degradation of visual quality). Still, I could not get through an STF without crashing at least once or twice, and now since around the start of the year I have been having more crashes even with Dynamic Lighting turned off. My card certainly has the power to run this game fully cranked, but it just .....s itself, while I dont have any issues with any other game. I run a Radeon HD5770 with Win7 64, 3200 Mhz Phenom II X6 1090T with12Ghz RAM.

Lt. Commander
# 97
02-24-2011, 01:53 PM
If cryptic EVER fix this i will dance naked through the streets , well maybe.
After a year i am not holding my breath , its about time they advertised the game may be cack if you run a ATI etc.
A year to fix this problem? what a load of bull........ lol, more like 'we cant be bothered we got your cash' bwahahahaha
Lt. Commander
# 98
03-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm putting all my posts on this issue in the original thread: ATI card and game crashes? Try turning off dynamic lighting and post processing.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=91678

I'm going to have this thread closed so I don't have to maintain two. But first, if you check my latest post in the above thread, you will get some information that will summarize why we believed this issue to not be as prevalent as perhaps it is.

Dave
Lt. Commander
# 99
03-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrypticDave
Hi everyone,

I'm putting all my posts on this issue in the original thread: ATI card and game crashes? Try turning off dynamic lighting and post processing.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=91678

I'm going to have this thread closed so I don't have to maintain two. But first, if you check my latest post in the above thread, you will get some information that will summarize why we believed this issue to not be as prevalent as perhaps it is.

Dave
This may be my first, last and only 'IBTL', but just wanted to say Thanks for the work you're doing to get this resolved.

See you on the main thread!
Lt. Commander
# 100
03-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Thanks to everyone who participated in the troubleshooting process. This discussion has now been moved to: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=91678
Closed Thread