Lt. Commander
# 31
12-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
You're probably right about the number of testers. However, I think they really should have tried to see if the code was stable enough to handle being on Tribble before they said anything about it going into Open Beta. (The fact that they found it to be unstable when hooking it up to Tribble shows that they could have (and probably should have) done it before saying it was going into OB last week.) It probably would have saved a bunch or rabble rabble rabble...
that i will totally agree. people will still be demanding it because its later than they originally said but saying it should be out last wednesday was a mistake. keeping quiet until its ready to hit might have kept peoples excitement in check.
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Well i'm sure it will be worth the wait, lets just hope it will be soon! :-D

and it would be nice if the foundry has a 3d view mode not just 2d as evidenced in one screenshot for map editing/npc placement as otherwise that would be a bit tricky if you cannot get a 3d overview of how the map looks and such :-)

heres hoping!
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-01-2010, 01:34 PM
i suspect its because 99% of the UK has ground to a halt due to the adverse weather conditions so people are sat at home wondering what they can do.

(ps the snows rubbish for snowman )

http://www.peakfm.net/galleries?id=1046

those are some of the pictures of my home town im going to have to try and get into work tommorow as i dont get paid if i dont go in. So got a 2 mile ish hike in the snow
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-01-2010, 02:31 PM
very good news it is getting some Q/A
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-01-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm as excited about the Foundry as everyone else, but I'd rather they do their best and get it as close to fully functional as they can before they put it out on Tribble for open testing. Throwing it on there and then having catastrophic crashes that make it so we don't even get to test it's actual capabilities just wouldn't be a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Officially, no. Unofficially, its debatable, and there is no way to prove anything regardless of what anyone will say.
It may not be the purpose but it will be a result.
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
The team is working as fast as they can to get The Foundry (Beta) for Star Trek Online into an open beta state. I know it's disappointing to keep being asked to be patient for your chance to take a crack at making your own Star Trek Online Episode, but please understand there's a lot going on here.

This feature includes some awesome new tech, and it needs to be tested thoroughly to make sure it provides a good user experience for you. We've ran across some wrinkles on the back end which need ironing before we can show you the awesomeness that is The Foundry (Beta) for Star Trek Online. We want you all to have a great experience when making your episodes, and we believe it's worth the wait to be able to provide that.

I'm fairly certain once this goes to Tribble, you'll agree.

Thanks,

Stormshade
QFT

I wish the NDA were lifted so this last little detail could be explained and people could realize what it is.
Lt. Commander
Everything it still grayed out for me how did you guys get your characters on the foundry?
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
The team is working as fast as they can to get The Foundry (Beta) for Star Trek Online into an open beta state. I know it's disappointing to keep being asked to be patient for your chance to take a crack at making your own Star Trek Online Episode, but please understand there's a lot going on here.

This feature includes some awesome new tech, and it needs to be tested thoroughly to make sure it provides a good user experience for you. We've ran across some wrinkles on the back end which need ironing before we can show you the awesomeness that is The Foundry (Beta) for Star Trek Online. We want you all to have a great experience when making your episodes, and we believe it's worth the wait to be able to provide that.

I'm fairly certain once this goes to Tribble, you'll agree.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Were these wrinkles found on the test server transition version or on the Foundry Closed beta server? Again, couldn't you just send everyone of us an invitation to the closed foundry server? First come first served with a cap on capacity is better than waiting for it to hit Tribble...
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-01-2010, 05:16 PM
UPDATE
There is a very good chance that the Foundry will be in Open Beta very soon.

We are currently testing Foundry on Tribble internally and so far so good, so progress is being made and I appreciate everyone's patience.

I'll update everyone tomorrow with a status of where we are at.