Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I have 2 Logitech Gaming Keyboards. One is a G11 and the other a G110. Here is the problem: When I assign Alt +1 or +2 or any other number 1 thru 0 to a programmable key, when I press that key during game play it will set off another key in addition. Example: I press my programmed key for Alt+1 and Alt+1 will engage AND numeral 1, I press my programmed key for Alt+2 and Alt+2 will engage AND numeral 2, and so on. Even stranger, I press my programmed key for Ctrl+1 and Ctrl+1 will engage AND numeral 1 AND Ctrl +3. I have been in contact with Logitech tech support on this issue. They tried a few things with me, but they didn't work. Then they told me to try my brand new, in-box G110 and the same things EXACTLY happened with it. One of their techs is going to try STO with their keyboard to see if it happens to them as well. I can report to you what they find out. It's very frustrating.

Any help out there?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-01-2010, 09:08 AM
You can tell them the same thing happens with the G19, i have it set with the alt line and it will also set off the normal number line below.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-01-2010, 09:28 AM
I will email Logitech asap on that. I have been looking at the Razer Anansi keyboard. It will be available in soon.

See: http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...oryId.52829000

I emailed Razer with this problem to see if their KB can handle this with no problems. I will let you know on their and Logitech's response.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Here is Logitech's reply so far. Keep checking back here for my posts.

I downloaded the STO demo last night and went to bed before it finished. I plan to test it this evening to see if I can figure out any workarounds.

If not, I will relay the information to the software team to see if they can implement a fix in anyway in a future release of the GamePanel software. I can't promise anything, because sometimes it's the game itself that is causing the issue. For example, Eve Online refuses to recognize certain keystroke combinations but yet has no problem with others.

I will respond again when I have more answers for you.

---
Regards,
Jerry
Tier II
Gaming & Control Devices
Logitech Customer Care
www.logitech.com/support
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-01-2010, 11:03 PM
This issue has been around since beta its cause of the way the UI and Macro from an external source interact with eachother. As a way around to see if it works aswell, try adding a .5-1 sec delay between the key presses on your macros since the UI regisisters instant keypresses and some macros are well instant, this way your pressing the ctr/alt key THEN pressing the 1 key and not pressin both at the same time.

I myself use a combination of a razer naga and a G13 to get around it buy having the ctrl/alt keys on the G20/G21 keys and keeping the naga in 123 mode for the action bars. The only Macro I use in combat is Space (fire all phasers) and Delete (Ballance Sheild Power) on a autofire toggle on the (ironicly) G13 key.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-02-2010, 07:04 PM
I have the Naga mouse as well. I just bought it. I too have done a work around similar to you. I put all my CTRL+#'s on the Naga side buttons 1 thru 0. Then I assigned my weapons on the normal numbers 1 thru 0 on autofire, then all my ALT+#'s on my G keys of my G11. Now when I use the G keys (ALT+#) it will set off the number keys, but it doesn't really matter since they are on autofire anyway. I'm going to stick with Logotech and see what happens. I will continue to post their comments here. I still have not heard back from Razer on the Anansi KB.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-02-2010, 07:32 PM
sonce you have both a naga and g13, here is a copy of my bindings and setup: try it and see how it works for you all the keys are bound and named on the G13 and for the naga nothing is needed since its set to 123 mode. the instructions on how to import and setup are included in the readme.

G13 and Naga Bindings Profile
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-03-2010, 05:12 AM
I have a G11, not the G13, but it should work. I will try it, thanks much.
I have sent another email to Razer about the new Anansi KB and the problems we are having with Logitech. I told them that thousands of us want some answers from them if possible and that this would be a good publicity angle for them. Keep checking here from time to time and I will post answers until there is a solution or not.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-10-2010, 12:21 PM
I ahev not forgotten this issue. I am working with Logitech on a solution. I will post more news soon.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-15-2010, 04:49 AM
Brand new Logitech driver package installed. Nice interface. Didn't solve problem.

Inserting longer delays when making a macro. Seems to work for ground missions, but not in space.
Still working with Logitech.