Lt. Commander
# 21
12-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800lbGorilla
So, I was playing on Tribble this weekend really loving the new Sector Space when it hit me: When the heck are we going to get the rest of the Sol system?

It is not in the Engineering report for Season 3, so it is obviously not coming out this month.

But, I'd really love to see it for Season 4, whenever that is...

It isn't like you have to make up what the rest of the planets look like. The NASA site has some really good imagery that anyone can download.

Maybe its me, but it just seems silly that we warp into Sol and only see the Earth and its moon. I remember the scene in Star Trek the Motion picture when they first left space dock on full impulse and were at Jupiter in no time. I'd love to be able to do that in STO.

Anyway, looking forward to Season 3 going live (provided the server timeout issue is fixed) and I really enjoy the game.

Keep up the good work.
If you just WANT to SEE the planets from Earth, it wouldn't be much - just a couple of bright lights a little larger than stars - you'd be disappointed

I don't really see the need to make the entire solar system travellable though, unless there's something to do.