Lt. Commander
Haven't seen any threads about this recently. I get a crash on a DLL file after it loads past the login screen. Anyone playing with the latest patches on now?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-30-2010, 01:02 PM
I tried this on my Mac laptop not too long ago. I experienced the same problem. I just play games on my Windows desktop. But I thought that it would be cool to play it on my Mac laptop.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-30-2010, 08:40 PM
it should work with Crossover...

I actually play with the version I put together thats in my sig... its Wine as well, so very similar to Crossover in performance.

Still plays fine for me that way.
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-30-2010, 08:52 PM
You can actually run Windows natively on a Mac just like any other PC and the game runs fine on any Mac that came out the past few years, from what I've seen (under Windows). Check out: http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doh123 View Post
it should work with Crossover...

I actually play with the version I put together thats in my sig... its Wine as well, so very similar to Crossover in performance.

Still plays fine for me that way.
The alternative solution at the link in your signature is pretty neat, good work.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeidan
You can actually run Windows natively on a Mac just like any other PC and the game runs fine on any Mac that came out the past few years, from what I've seen (under Windows). Check out: http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/
I'll take a minor hit to performance any day over having to use Windows :-) but i think most Mac users are still bootcamping to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeidan
The alternative solution at the link in your signature is pretty neat, good work.
its basically the same method Transgaming uses with Cider to make official mac ports... just its all open source, and not Transgamings closed off fork of Wine from years back. Some Mac users hate this and only want "native" ports, but those are the people that usually don't truly have a clue what is going on.... I say any way I can run a game I want to play without having to run Windows is good :-)