Lt. Commander
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU Cryptic for getting rid of Federation Traffic Control.

It was a small, small thing, but it was a pet peeve of mine since forever. I could never get behind the idea of checking in with big brother every time I wanted to cross a zone line. So much cooler to hear it from my bridge officer.

(This is on Tribble, if you haven't seen it yet.)
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by innocuous9
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU Cryptic for getting rid of Federation Traffic Control.

It was a small, small thing, but it was a pet peeve of mine since forever. I could never get behind the idea of checking in with big brother every time I wanted to cross a zone line. So much cooler to hear it from my bridge officer.

I agree with you but I could see how it might make some sense the other way too. If you remember in the shows there is always talk about defense networks which make it difficult for enemy ships to make it through Federation space. Maybe it is all of the traffic controls monitoring things. lol
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapTrott View Post
I agree with you but I could see how it might make some sense the other way too. If you remember in the shows there is always talk about defense networks which make it difficult for enemy ships to make it through Federation space. Maybe it is all of the traffic controls monitoring things. lol
It's one of those things they probably dealt with on the ships but didn't show (like going to the bathroom or how bashir can type a sentence in two PADD gestures).
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:

It's not really Big Brother at all, remember we're Starfleet officers and they own our ships and decide where we go.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Quote:

Just logged onto Tribble.

Apparently, all it does is have your BOFF say it instead of Traffic control (so we get to hear it from the middle-man as opposed to the primary source of approval).
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-01-2010, 09:24 PM
It's about time they got a break. Each controller has been on 24/7 since February. They must be tired. I was beginning to feel sorry for them, bless their hearts.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Just logged onto Tribble.

Apparently, all it does is have your BOFF say it instead of Traffic control (so we get to hear it from the middle-man as opposed to the primary source of approval).
It makes more sense this way though, our bridge crew always asks us to repeat orders and confirm simple movements. It's one of the reasons I think that the Packleds had a hand in drafting StarFleet SOP for flight control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfleet Operations Log #1337

Maina: "This is Captain KittyChan of the USS White Queen"

Flight Control: "uh-huh"

Maina:"We'd like to enter the Rolar Sector"

Flight Control: "You wish to go?"

Maina "Yes, thank you."

Flight Control "You Look for things?"

Maina Sigh, "Yes we look for things."

Flight Control "But you said you wanted to go."

First Officer: "Captain, I don't think the Quantum Torpedoes are a good idea now!"

Maina: "Well, I guess you are thorough, We'd like to cross over to the Rolar Sector now."

Flight Control: "We want to be nothing if not thorough."
Maina: "Flight Control?"

Flight Control: "You wish to go?"

At least I'm use to it from my bridge crew.