Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Simple suggestion, but I think it needs it. Double or triple all rewards from PVP below max level. This means skill points, credits, medals, whatever.

This would hopefully have the effect of getting people into it again, and make it an actual leveling path like it was for a while after launch. It would hopefully make PVP better payoff for the time involved in even getting into a match at low levels.

The plus is that this should be incredibly easy to do, with no real downside, at least not one I can see.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-01-2010, 07:20 PM
I like it. Make it so!
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-01-2010, 11:53 PM
I like this idea. It would be great if I could finally level via PvP again.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-01-2010, 11:56 PM
I suppose that would help indeed. it would also lead to people PvPing earlier in their career and keep doing it a while, improving the quality of PvP players at end-game.

Of curse, we don't really want that, Klinks need their wins.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-02-2010, 12:35 AM
That would be awesome, as it stands now, levelling two klinks in november - actually pvp'ing was a waste of time, cause it was far more skillpoints from explore/nebula thingy.

/Signed
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Really good idea and I'd love it to work.

Do you think that the "I'm just here for the emblems" mentality would filter down though?
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-02-2010, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintyuk
Really good idea and I'd love it to work.

Do you think that the "I'm just here for the emblems" mentality would filter down though?
That's a valid concern.

So,let's make it more rewards for winning? Please?

Or we could give some "orthogonal" rewards. Klingons have a lot of these "Kill XYZ player ships / Captains" type of missions. They give pathetic rewards, admittedly, but that's nothing that couldn't be changed. We need something like that on both sides.

Keep the current rewards as is, but add rewards for
- Kills (Arena)
- Damage Scores (Arena)
- Healing Scores (Arena)
- Captured Points (CapnHold)
- Scanned Nodes (Ker'Rat)
- Destroyed Hulks (Ker'Rat)
- Deaths to Players (Ker'Rat, CapnHold) (Suddenly, being spawn camped is good for you!)

These could all be "Dailies" (but setup to be unlikely fulfilled every day, unless you've got plenty of time). At endgame, each might give a single Emblem or so.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-02-2010, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
That's a valid concern.

Maybe. My only concern is that 'certain idiots' would be offensive to their own team if a new player was a weak link, and I'd rather encourage new players to try PvP than experience that type of thing.

On the other hand, I'm on a winning streak, so go for it .

Quote:
Or we could give some "orthogonal" rewards. Klingons have a lot of these "Kill XYZ player ships / Captains" type of missions. They give pathetic rewards, admittedly, but that's nothing that couldn't be changed. We need something like that on both sides.

- Kills (Arena)

These could all be "Dailies" (but setup to be unlikely fulfilled every day, unless you've got plenty of time). At endgame, each might give a single Emblem or so.
Yep, I definitely agree with those. (rewarding players for doing what they're supposed to be doing = good).

Quote:
- Damage Scores (Arena)
- Healing Scores (Arena)
I have to disagree with those 2 - those numbers are meaningless noise and people already pay too much attention to them.

Quote:
I'd prefer seeing any reward tied to battles within capture zones, otherwise we'd just fly around in circles capturing the flags ignoring defence... (I seem to remember doing precisely this in WHO)

Quote:
- Deaths to Players (Ker'Rat, CapnHold) (Suddenly, being spawn camped is good for you!)
I have to disagree on principle - I already find the 'die 25 times' quest rather depressing. But it's not a bad idea .

One other change:
- make PvE kill missions remember your position and number of dead opponents. Probably the biggest waste of time doing PvP is losing half a PvE mission. In terms of Klingon exploration missions - just remember how many groups we killed and despawn that number when we return to the map. (wouldn't help the 'destroy 5 item quests', but they're beyond help anyway!)
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-02-2010, 03:59 AM
Quote:
That's a valid concern.

- Kills (Arena)
- Damage Scores (Arena)
- Healing Scores (Arena)

Freaking awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-02-2010, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splutter
Maybe. My only concern is that 'certain idiots' would be offensive to their own team if a new player was a weak link, and I'd rather encourage new players to try PvP than experience that type of thing.

On the other hand, I'm on a winning streak, so go for it .
Yeah, always a danger. It can also generally discourage people to participate.

Quote:
I have to disagree with those 2 - those numbers are meaningless noise and people already pay too much attention to them.
Doesn't really matter how meaningful they are, IMO. The important thing is - if you want to get that, you can't just AFK lazily. I mean, it sucks pretty much for Science Vessels (and I love my Science Captain in his LRSV), but to heck with that. What should be added, though: ONly healing _others_ should count for this.

Quote:
I'd prefer seeing any reward tied to battles within capture zones, otherwise we'd just fly around in circles capturing the flags ignoring defence... (I seem to remember doing precisely this in WHO)
If there is a way to only count damage and healing on a CapnHold point, then we could go for that. Best compromise, I suppose. (Though it discourages other strategies, like trying to intercept enemies close to their spawn point. But then, I am not really seeing this happen much anyway...)