Lt. Commander
During the ground portion of the mission, there is an optional mission to scan the holographic hostages. I've done this mission at least 5 times now and I never once thought to worry about it until tonight on my newest character. Trouble is, go figure I decided to untie the real hostages first and then planned to scan the Holographic Hostages after I was finished with everything else. Well crap, I lost the optional mission the very second I finished untying the final real hostage. So since I already have so many max level characters and it is very highly unlikely I will be running that mission again, I have to know...what did I miss?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-16-2010, 01:27 AM
Never mind, the mission bugged out on me so I had another opportunity to run the ground portion again. No special reward, the only gain is as is, you do not have to fight two mobs, just the boss and two of his minions. Thanks anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-16-2010, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
During the ground portion of the mission, there is an optional mission to scan the holographic hostages. I've done this mission at least 5 times now and I never once thought to worry about it until tonight on my newest character. Trouble is, go figure I decided to untie the real hostages first and then planned to scan the Holographic Hostages after I was finished with everything else. Well crap, I lost the optional mission the very second I finished untying the final real hostage. So since I already have so many max level characters and it is very highly unlikely I will be running that mission again, I have to know...what did I miss?
Well, I don't know how the mission works if you don't finish the optional mission.
(You are supposed to scan the holographic hostages to find a way to disrupt their communication or something like that, IIRC.

I know that in the end, when the Hirogen "boss" comes to you, he is wondering where the other Hunters are that were supposed to be beam in or something. I don't know if there normally would be more enemies or more waves of enemies there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-16-2010, 04:08 AM
I missed out one of the holograms and I didn't see any adverse affects. It's just an optional thing to do. I don't even think it gives extra points..
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-16-2010, 04:34 AM
It dosen't... it just makes the rest of the mission slightly easier.
Lt. Commander
Alright after finally lowering all the force field generators, the first person you need to speak to is the hostage directly North of you just on the edge of the brown grassy area you are standing in. He is the ambassador that is the "hard" one to find. Feel free to ignore all other hostages out in the open. Head to the crash site and free the remaining four hostages in the cave that has been force fielded. Upon freeing the captives, you are supposed to engage in a fight with mobs that beam directly to your location. If this does not occur, beam back to your ship - wait a few moments, and then activate the clickable option to "Continue Hunting the Hunters". Choose your Away Team as normal and you will arrive back down in the cave with one of your Bridge Officers advising you that all hostages have been rescued. Commander Tonjan will then taunt you a second time (sorry, couldn't resist) and you should get the spawns at this point. After a few waves of trash mobs, Tonjan will spawn and then beam out again just before you can kill him. The final step (space combat vs Tonjan) is now unlocked for you and you should not experience any more bugs.

Better late than never, but I hope this helps any folks that still experience problems with this mission.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-18-2010, 08:57 AM
Anyone else experience bugs with this mission lately?

In the ground section, at one point I teleported to another area and my bridge officers didn't come with me. I had to fight a few groups of enemies on my own, which was rather tricky. When I finally lowered the force fields, I was able to find my bridge officers, but they still wouldn't follow me around. I had to move them by setting rally points.

I was able to complete the mission, but the bug was very annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-20-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm having this problem as well. After the first fight with the hunter on the ground, I teleport to the next area, and I'm by myself. My away team is almost 180m away and apparently I'm too weak to beath the hirogen party in this stage on my own lol. Maybe it's supposed to be this way, but it's kind of ridiculous that I'm a Cm2 (same level as the mission) and can't beat them all on my own.

So I'd like to agree that this seems like a bug
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-20-2010, 12:06 PM
I beamed back up to my ship, then selected contine: Worth, and this time, one of my tactical officers made it to the second area with me, but the rest of the team is still like 190m away. ???
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
Anyone else experience bugs with this mission lately?

In the ground section, at one point I teleported to another area and my bridge officers didn't come with me. I had to fight a few groups of enemies on my own, which was rather tricky. When I finally lowered the force fields, I was able to find my bridge officers, but they still wouldn't follow me around. I had to move them by setting rally points.

I was able to complete the mission, but the bug was very annoying.
This happened to me, except I never found my bridge officers again! I didn't get within 150 meters of them for the rest of the mission. Oh well.