Lt. Commander
# 1 AFK PvPers?!?!
12-02-2010, 05:39 AM
I'm seeing people zone into PvP only to be afk. Some have gone so far as to go get killed, and then respawn only to do nothing again.

Are these people people running dual accounts in order to slant the odds in their favor? Are they simply doing it to effortlessly collect on rewards?

Am I the only person that gets ticked off from this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-02-2010, 05:52 AM
You are absolutely the only one to be ticked off from this NOT.

See for example:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=190789
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=190456

:p

It is a problem in dire need of a solution.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Indeed.. It is a problem..
Lt. Commander
# 4 my experiences with afk
12-02-2010, 11:08 AM
When i am pvp'ing and i know it is a total waste of time I will usually warp out .........

There is nothing more frustrating then being forced to group with a bunch o Fed cruisers who rush off in different directions and die one by one all alone in the dark.

Sometimes out of frustration i will just die and wait for it to end ....more often then not I do not need emblems....I am there to pvp anjd it never comes to fruition.

There is nothing FUn about about being decimated w/o a real chance. nor does anyone get better when 4 cloaked ships beat ya down......

Many who say you need to practice to get better are correct but how does one get better when you are consistently beatdown by 4 cloaked ships or a fleet of carriers and your team is no where to be seen.

It is a tough lot in life being a science captain for the feds and trying to pvp. I am forced to change my play style signifigantly.....
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-02-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garravesh View Post

There is nothing FUn about about being decimated w/o a real chance. nor does anyone get better when 4 cloaked ships beat ya down......

Many who say you need to practice to get better are correct but how does one get better when you are consistently beatdown by 4 cloaked ships or a fleet of carriers and your team is no where to be seen.

It is a tough lot in life being a science captain for the feds and trying to pvp. I am forced to change my play style signifigantly.....
Instead of just leaving, or staying dead/afk, you could watch the opponents. Look for what they like to do, how they like to attack, learn to anticipate their alpha strike and defend against it. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with Evasive Manuevers + Engine Battery or Full Engines + Evasive, or which ever fits your fancy. Sometimes you can draw either 1 or most of them away and let your team pick off the stragglers or pick off the lone gunman who decided to try to captian Kirk you. Granted that doesn't always work, but it's better then just Warping out, or Dieing and going Afk.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-02-2010, 03:38 PM
I hate 'em. I personally can't see refusing to respawn or leaving the map just because some people are particularly worthless though. I'd rather just stick it out and try to do as much damage as I can. And failing that, see how quickly I can get from the fight to a respawn and repeat.

It isn't the other teams fault that our team had some punks on it. Why punish them?
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-02-2010, 07:57 PM
I would rather lose a match fighting than to give up or not even try.

For heavens sake there is no death penalty for PvP'ing in this game so there is NO excuse for just giving up or not trying.

You can always learn something even when losing a match. Or at least show the punks how a true warrior dies.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-03-2010, 02:11 AM
If I can't win, I can settle for easier goals:
- Get another kill.
- Get at least one kill.
- Get at least one enemy to 50 % hull.
- Last longer then 30 seconds.
- Trick at least one enemy into leaving the formation.

Something has to work.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-04-2010, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
- Get another kill.
- Get at least one kill.

Something has to work.
This..

Though I *have* Zerged the enemy formation if fighting is pointless.. If none of my teammates are capable of cooperation, and I cannot kill any single opponent by myself (happens frequently against those "good" full Cruiser/SV premades), there is no point in trying anymore.. Ill end the game, and get a new (hopefully better) match.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-04-2010, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
- Get another kill.
- Get at least one kill.

Something has to work.
Or at least try to get the highest DPS/ Heal numbers for your side, Even when you know there is no chance of your side winning, try to do the best you can. Make your enemies say,"hey, that guy was pretty good".