Lt. Commander
# 1 It's up
12-02-2010, 11:40 AM
FIRST THREAD EVER!!!!

Foundry is up, how are we liking it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Just messed about with it, its great, made me first mission in about 3minutes and played it
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-02-2010, 12:30 PM
lol 1st crash....prob not a bug, just not used to getting gang tackled
hopefull back up soon
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-02-2010, 12:41 PM
i was playing around with the system creator very cool! though i found a bug here:

http://oi52.tinypic.com/23wjjhi.jpg

don't know how i appeared in space without my ship and dont know how to get back with my ship . you cant walk around you just stand there.. and i tried to rez a platform object to see if i will stand on it and thus can walk around (would that be cool or what???) but you cant.

i made a much better looking system map before it kicked me out i figured out how to change the lighting and i added a better planet with deep space 9 in the background! so fun... and now its gone

"sniffles"

theres even a blank deep space 9 interior! nice! but.....no earth starbase interior? seriously?

we need more interiors i want all of them! its like pokemon, got to have them all!

oh well from what i saw so far its worth the wait. i would like to have a 3d view of the maps but the 2d view is not too bad, and you can just switch to in game mode with a click on a button :-)
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evenios View Post
i was playing around with the system creator very cool! though i found a bug here:

don't know how i appeared in space without my ship and dont know how to get back with my ship . you cant walk around you just stand there.. and i tried to rez a platform object to see if i will stand on it and thus can walk around (would that be cool or what???) but you cant.
This was actually caused by server overload. When the servers are pounded, the map transfers are borked. This issues affects the live server too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-02-2010, 03:48 PM
note to executive planning commitee

if a singular new feature test on tribble crushes the server...put a gold star next to it on the list
of things needing more manpower resources

if a singular new feature test on tribble does not effect the tribble population....ehh work on it
during slow periods

give foundry 2 gold stars
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-02-2010, 04:12 PM
I was able to make a pretty bare bones mission fairly quickly. Kudos on all the customization options. Let us know when you get Tribble up and running again.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evenios View Post

don't know how i appeared in space without my ship and dont know how to get back with my ship . :-)
Your actually testing things as Q. . .

~D