Lt. Commander
# 1 Need a fleet...badly
12-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Hello all. I am an older gamer, lots of time on my hands, needing a Fleet and more social interaction in this game and hopefully one that is ACTIVE and has many things going on in the game as well as out of it.

Many of the recruitment posts here lead to dead websites or forums with no activity or to Fleets that in game have maybe one or two people on at once and when they are on they are doing high end stuff and dont really talk to anyone.

I am only a Lt. Commander and play every other day at this point but all of it has been solo time. I am looking for a Fleet that has good advice givers, is active online, not afraid to group sometimes, has a good Vent or TS server and is all around structured and organized. Please let me know via PM or here if your fleet fits that bill and if you have a website and such.

Thanks

In game I am Darius@angry_gamer

To quote a post below me in summary:

- Uses Ventrilo (TS is usually meh and sounds terrible)
- Fleet is PvE orientated
- a fleet that promotes teamwork
- organized leadership
- Has a organised fleet website and is the main form of offline communication for its members
- A fleet that looks after new players and guides them
- Accepts people have different ways of doing things and is open to experimentation
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-02-2010, 06:29 PM
I got a fleet for you dude, the 12th Fleet. We're a bigger fleet, but we maintain the small fleet feel with our many divisions. I'm in MACO and love it. Little rivalries amongst us, but it only builds the comraderie.
Check us out man.
http://12th-fleet.com/portal/
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-03-2010, 02:53 AM
STOFleet has restarted actively recruiting, so while we don't have a large member base at this time, it is something we are working on. Aside from that we have a brand new forum with all the info you will need and where you can chat.

While we have a couple of Vice Admirals ingame, we do have a fair few members who are currently in the Lt Commander - Commander range as either as their first time through or an alt character. Personally I just made Commander on my Second Character Engineer, but I also have a Science Officer who is Lt Commander.

Our main focus is on enjoyment of the game, as it is the most important part of any game.

The only other thing I will mention is that we use a Team Speak 3 server thats for our use, and we haven't had an issue with it.

So if we sound like the group for you, you can check out our recruitment thread or more importantly our forums and give us a try

(The links are in my signature)
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-03-2010, 03:37 AM
To add to what my colleague posted, the average age in our fleet is 31, but perhaps it's easier if I add specific info to our fleet based on the points you summarized.

- Uses Ventrilo (TS is usually meh and sounds terrible)
We use TS3, the quality of our server is good and I've never had any problems with the sound myself, in fact it seems to be more clear then vent. We used to have a vent server but switched to TS3 a few months ago. Perhaps you can judge it for yourself though? I personally preferred vent over TS2, but TS3 seems to work well.

- Fleet is PvE orientated
We have several weekly STF teams running, but we don't focus on just PvE. We also have a big PvP and RP community. Many people in our fleet pretty much do several of those things. Personally I'm not into PvP, but I do like what we get done PvE wise and I set up one of our sub forums dedicated to making groups/ organizing events.

- a fleet that promotes teamwork
Hehe, where would we be without?

- organized leadership
In the 12th we don't believe in the members being there to serve the leadership but that the leadership should function as a management that supports what the members want to do. As such we run an informal command and don't care a lot about fleet ranks.
We are however very organized, our admirals come together on a 2 weekly basis to discuss issues that came up during those 2 weeks and then publish the minutes of those meetings the day after. You can find these back in our magazine too.

- Has a organised fleet website and is the main form of offline communication for its members
www.12th-fleet.com
Our website has over 50k posts and more then 4200 topics, we're VERY active on our website and it's the main thing that ties the entire fleet together.

- A fleet that looks after new players and guides them
One of our sub forums is dedicated to guides/hints/tips/tricks, we also have an academy to help new players out. On TS3 we also have 1 channel dedicated to helping out people and we added a :-) symbol in front of the names of people in random channel that are available to help people out at that moment.

- Accepts people have different ways of doing things and is open to experimentation
Oh boy... Don't get me started on experimentation lol, we're still cleaning up the mess in R&D the last time their admiral had a "brilliant new idea".
I think you'll find yourself quite at home with this point, our forums are constantly developing/ evolving and in just this past week several more sub forums were added to support changes and allow people to do what they like to do.
STO is a living/ evolving game that continues to improve and so is the 12th fleet. If somebody has a good idea it usually gets support quickly and then they put me to work to make it so. :p

For more info please click here.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-03-2010, 04:38 AM
Thanks everyone I will take these into consideration
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-09-2011, 11:34 PM
If you have yet to join a fleet or are still looking for one, please consider the 48th Defense Fleet The Warpigs.

We are a small but growing group of laid back players who all love Star Trek and enjoy playing STO together who are all about being helpful to one another, especially for people new to the game. We aim to help players level up and be able to participate in end game PvE content (Special Task Force Missions). We are more than happy to assist you when you need advice or help for any reason. We have Fleet Admirals and a senior staff as leadership for the fleet. Our website is our main form of communication for our members. When it comes to strategies and how-to's we discuss these items in game and via our forums and are always sharing, adapting and sharpening our skills individually and as a Fleet.

For more information about us, please see the FAQs on our website (you can click the link in my signature below). You can also visit our forums at http://www.warpigsmmo.com/. Any other questions please feel free to message me.

Safe flying to you!