Lt. Commander
# 41
12-03-2010, 04:11 AM
One thing that causes so much aggro in the community and thats Kerrat, nuke it!
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-03-2010, 04:11 AM
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-03-2010, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
One thing that causes a lot of aggro in this community was a subset of it - the Klingons - not getting any visible support since launch.
There is now a new subset of the community that is also seeing no visible support anymore. And this subset is actually the only one that I am aware of where stuff was taken away as part of the few improvements (Space Assault, something indeed no one ever seemed to play - very much unlike Ker'rat, which always sees activity). We don't have to let it go worse.

I am fine with nuking Ker'rat into oblivion and even erasing it from the timeline, Temporal Directive be damned - if we get a substitute. But if that doesn't happen, just remove it from the PvP Dailies. Then no one has to feel forced into Open PvP to get his Emblems, but people can still use the map. For all its flaws, people enjoyed aspects of it. And no, they aren't just gankers and gold farmers. I don't gank, I don't farm gold, I just like a mix of PvEvP and the ability to spontanously test builds both against players and NPCs. Even if Borg Drones hide inside Nodes or Klingons decloak 2km behind me while I am fighting of 2 Borg Cubes.
Lt. Commander
I think the sol system will be fantastic, worth the wait, and a lower priority at the moment. Nice to read about it (again) coming in time, though.

I think it's great they are thinking about the Delta quadrant, and a possibility for the Gamma Quadrant. I think that will be great. Perhaps they will get to the Gamma Quadrant with the introduction of the Cardassian/Dominion playable faction, someday?

More PvP tweaks down the line are great.

Ship officer uniforms with time sounds great...

More cut scenes sounds nice, too.

I was somewhat dissapointed to read that Fleet Admiral would be level 61, because I thought they would have: Vice Admiral (51-60), Admiral (61-70), & was hoping fleet Admiral 71-80 or something like that. I thought for sure I read a post similar to that, plus added my own 'wishes' into it, too. Anyhow, I trust it will be good, either way =)

I was very glad to read that Terradome & into the Hive are being worked on. I look forward to different team sizes and the optional STF-"like" missions (avail. for soloers - not me, but happy when others are happy)

I like the beautiful backgrounds around - It's just a video game. Love the new sector space (& the old one, too)

So many more comments, but I'm sure I've said enough. Hope everyone continues to enjoy STO.
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-03-2010, 06:20 AM
Congrats to the Cat, man! Great stuff.

Great answers too. I am looking forward to Season 3.

DStahl is the man!
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbrayman View Post
when I asked the question I didnt mean it as in playable shipwise I mean will we actually see THE enterprise, not a ship thats the same model but the actual enterprise.

Yes, this exactly. When I read your question and saw his answer, I almost broke my computer. How in the world could anyone think you meant JJ's Enterprise? It's a completely separate timeline.

One of the main things that has bothered me since launch is that I've traveled all over the alpha quadrant and haven't yet encountered the Enterprise-E.
Lt. Commander
# 47 Sector Space ships too dark
12-03-2010, 08:14 AM
What's wrong with Ker'rat? I like to play it and even manage to win it without help.

I have eyes in my head. I use to them to savor the great, awesome colorfoul background space of the systems and it would really disappoint me to lose them to an "black with white dots" space.

And the thing I dislike concerning new Sector Space is really: My ship is black! Where's the lighting? On TV, the ships were fully lighted (unless one got stuck in "The Void").

Aside from that: Good new in the "Ask Cryptic" and I love to see this already great game becoming better.
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-03-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaly View Post
What animations is this referring to?
I think he means the animations when certain ships go to warp like the Intrepid and the Birds of Prey. Some players don't like the wing-raising on the BoP, for example.
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
NOOOOO! Don't do it.

Fix it.
If you can't fix it, keep it, just remove it from the PvP Dailies rotation.
If you really can't keep it, create a substitute.
You can't just take away another PvP map and game mode! We already lost Space Assault with the advent of the improved Queue!

Another thread on the topic: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=191515
And another one: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...wpost&t=191514
No need to remove it from the dailies, there's still Otha for War Zones...
Lt. Commander
# 50
12-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Quote:
No need to remove it from the dailies, there's still Otha for War Zones...
Everybody hates ground. Except the ones that don't.