Lt. Commander
# 11
12-03-2010, 08:28 AM
so what, if it goes it goes, there are hardly any players using the place. The only time you see more than a few ships is when you end up there for a daily. the gear is crap the map buggy and ganking the odd player gets old who might show up on a non daily day is not worth the time spent waiting for them. This ooo nooes the pvp players will start to quit bs is nonsence.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-03-2010, 08:31 AM
Just take the &%#$ Borg out & let us fight there.
Get rid of the daily. Add more spawn points.
There, its fixed. no more farmers, no more greifing.
An open PVP zone.
Maybe in the future you could add some kind of reward for "control" of the most nodes or something. But even without rewards, it will give us something to do while waiting for or Ques to pop.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by couladin View Post
hurry let's all start complaining about ESD and maybe he will nuke ESD too =D
Well, that worked already. ESD is a goner sometime after season 3...
Lt. Commander
# 14 Lol
12-03-2010, 09:35 AM
I think it should be obvious to everyone now... PvP is low on the devs list of things to do.... so low we are looking at season 5 or 6 to have anything. It would have been just as easy to add a PvP option to the foundry and let us create our own PvP maps but they just dont give a crap about the PvP community. The last thing done for the community was the PvP que... and how long ago was that? The most knowlegeable and best players PvP in this game... yet they dont give a rats behind. Meh my rant is done.... don't expect to see much from sto as far as PvP goes... they just dont care
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBushman
I think it should be obvious to everyone now... PvP is low on the devs list of things to do.... so low we are looking at season 5 or 6 to have anything. It would have been just as easy to add a PvP option to the foundry and let us create our own PvP maps but they just dont give a crap about the PvP community. The last thing done for the community was the PvP que... and how long ago was that? The most knowlegeable and best players PvP in this game... yet they dont give a rats behind. Meh my rant is done.... don't expect to see much from sto as far as PvP goes... they just dont care
QFT. This is the real scandal here: that the devs are openly saying that, other than minor bug fixes, PVP will get no attention for, what, at least a year? Ugh. For what it's worth, I agree that Ker'rat should either be left alone or have the Borg removed and turned into just an open PVP zone.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBushman
Well, that's actually very bad news indeed. Seems like the pvp community is indeed the underdog here. Maybe we should think about another game then :<
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-03-2010, 11:07 AM
C-$tahl might think this thread is ammusing tho.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-03-2010, 11:13 AM
PvP is always the underdog in almost all mmos.

It is always a smaller community then the PvEers and as such gets less development time.

While I really want to see new maps and more pvp content I also realize that I need to be patient becuase it is always an uphill battle.
Lt. Commander
# 19 Sad TOO
12-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
C-$tahl might think this thread is ammusing tho.
Because PvP is endless content for everyone who plays and enjoys it. Just think about it you put in the work for a few open pvp map and you get content that last forever. A smart company would implement that as soon a possibly. I do not think that a minigame Q system will hold whats left of the pvp community if they NUKE kerrat.

So some people hate it spawn campers, bug probes in the nodes whatever fix it do not take the easy road and NUKE it.

1. Make a optional PvE daily so anyone that does not want to play against real people can do that.

2. Either make kerrat a open pvp system or fix the nodes and radomize the spawn points.

Tell you what you fix the map and put the fixed map on the C-store
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-03-2010, 11:25 AM
It probably is annoying to have the game, slowly getting closer to it's first year and have a zone that is still that littered with garbage like Ker'rat. What I find funny how ever, is that N'vak doesn't act the same way as Ker'rat. There's no Warp in or Out when it resets. I haven't really seen the Borg get stuck. It's almost a cleaner Ker'rat compared to Ker'rat it's self.. OH! and no farmers either.

How ever, if Ker'rat does get nuked.. Can we have a flashy animation sequence, maybe a Black hole, or even a huge explosion in sector space? Or even just Kenpatchi showing up and destroying it all. (Ok, sorry for the bleach reference )

It doesn't matter truthfully if Ker'rat were to get destroyed. We'd find a way to make PVP work. The Farmers would still farm things. Not much would truelly change except for the location that it happens.

Maybe when Open PVP finally arrives in the game, and the Neutral Zone becomes that PVP area (Hey I can dream right?) we can get into the complaints about that part of sector space, right?