Lt. Commander
# 1 New Space Healer
12-03-2010, 07:45 AM
Hiya,

I'm very new to space healing. I've been enjoying it very much, however I've been having some trouble with the targeting system. While I'm trying to heal a team mate in PvP my target switches to someone else before I get a chance to actually heal them.

At first I thought it was because I had my assist target on. I would target a team mate, and before I got a chance to heal them it would switch to their target and when I hit my heal it would switch to that target's target. I turned that off, but I still seem to be having some trouble healing my target. I sometimes end up healing myself instead of my intended target.

Any suggestions about what I'm probably doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any helpfull advice.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-03-2010, 08:03 AM
If you team up with people in PvP, click on the tab to the left that displays the captain's info. You shouldn't have problems throwing heals at people that way, even with assisted targeting on.

Is it doing this with all of your heals? Are there certain heals that work while others don't?

Also, make sure that when you target your teammate to heal them that your Auto-Fire is not on. Don't fire anything, even manually, but you should be able to target after your weapons have fired.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-03-2010, 08:03 AM
it just takes practice, don't worry you will get the knack of it soon enough.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP3CTREnyc
If you team up with people in PvP, click on the tab to the left that displays the captain's info. You shouldn't have problems throwing heals at people that way, even with assisted targeting on.

Is it doing this with all of your heals? Are there certain heals that work while others don't?

Also, make sure that when you target your teammate to heal them that your Auto-Fire is not on. Don't fire anything, even manually, but you should be able to target after your weapons have fired.
Aaah!!! I think you got it. I've had auto-fire on maintain all this time. I'll switch that to, "toggle, change cancels." I'll give that a go this evening and see if that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by docfirestein View Post
Aaah!!! I think you got it. I've had auto-fire on maintain all this time. I'll switch that to, "toggle, change cancels." I'll give that a go this evening and see if that helps.
sounds like you've got it. enjoy