Lt. Commander
Can these be toggled? I've been all over the options menus and can't find the switch. Please, somebody point it out if I'm being dumb. I can handle that.

What I CANNOT handle, is the incessant spam this causes when you have a friends list the size of mine. I probably could've kept this under control if I'd managed it from the start, but as of now I've been accepting every invite that comes my way figuring if somebody wants to know when I'm playing, let 'em know.

Now that I have over 200 people on my friends list, it's a bit out of hand.

ADDITIONALLY, why the aitch-ee-double-hockey-sticks do these notifications get saved to .demo files???!? I do a lot of video production work for STOked using demorecord, and it's SO annoying having a GREAT shot get fouled up by text popping onto the screen telling me that @friend-number-187 has logged on. They haven't! I'm offline, replaying a .demo file! Ugh.

Please please please, if there is not currently an option to toggle the display of these messages, there should be. And if there IS and I'm just missing it, I have to know how to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-03-2010, 04:36 PM
I agree with @borticus I think there should be a notification flag per friend that allows the pop-up or not.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Really annoying for people with large friends lists,.. overlaps some popups too.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Yeah I agree with your argument. Its can also get annoying when someone keeps switching characters like every two minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-04-2010, 12:50 AM
You can turn the notification off for your chat tab, so it doesn't clutter your chat log, but that's all.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-04-2010, 07:25 AM
Atleasst it would be good if they can be regulated to a corner of the screen or a tab in the chat area with a date and time stamp.

Flashing across your screen has NEVER been a good thing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabZero View Post
You can turn the notification off for your chat tab, so it doesn't clutter your chat log, but that's all.
heh, I didn't even think to try filtering it from chat since it seems to be a system-level message of some sort.