Lt. Commander
# 21
12-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfire01 View Post
yea i fed player though lol
There's a new Deferi Daily mission too. :p But if you haven't seen things on Tribble, you might find travel in sector space much better looking (and more immersive) then it was before (you have to diable Astrometrics; but that's easy.) And given what they did add to and refine on the KDF side, you might want to start one just to see hpw the other half (okay maybe 1/3 is a closer description) live.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Anyone know what this "secret project" is that cryptic has been working on since season 1.2?
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uneasybbj View Post
Anyone know what this "secret project" is that cryptic has been working on since season 1.2?
It's The Foundry player mission creator (aka the User Generated Content creation toolset for STO players); and i just started open beta on the Tribble test shard yesterday. (Where have you been? It's been a majo topic of discussion on the STO Forums for the last 3 months.)
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-04-2010, 01:17 AM
My excitement about the update equates to the amount of new pvp content it brings
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-04-2010, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyfire01 View Post
again no content in there by content i mean missions

foundry good but not part of season 3
There is more than enough content to get to VA as it is... how much more do you need? I can hit VA in less than a week now as it is, and with mission replay, now I can do it even faster AND with all of the rewards from missions instead of just one. Past Imperfect is a great example: Electro-Plasma DHCs on all Fore slots, plus Paratrinic Shield (Which scales shield strength with level, just not regen rate), and Efficient Impulse Engines (Which is the best engine in the game.) The cannons are about the only thing that isn't worth keeping until VA, and previously you could -only- get one of the above.

I don't see what the point of this "new content" is? Unless you're a KDF player, which until season 3, you basically get to PVP or repeat static DSE (Empire Defense Missions) against Federation, then Romulans, then Cardassians, etc. The repeatable sorties and the addition of crafting is a HUGE step forward for us KDF players. (Thank you Devs. We appreciate it!)
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-04-2010, 03:36 AM
Even some of the new rewards on the old missions look sweet. I dont think there is much to complain about. I like my pvp, and I know itll come. Iam hoping for the open pvp to hit season4, nudge nudge ahem... STAHL..just maken sure you can hear me

Iam pretty impressed with what season3 is bringing, I would consider it...the ground work to what could be a really amayzing game that at start... I personally didnt see it going anywhere, but after this update... hold onto your horses...it might just get better and better

I think ill be playing with old missions and also, I hate to do it but RUSHING to get all the borg pieces for all my ships. Ill be joining all the stfs I can once my timers are done

Klingon stuff... well, iam glad we have a new sector now to rage war in.. but still lacking on the side. WE WANT MORE!
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
It's The Foundry player mission creator (aka the User Generated Content creation toolset for STO players); and i just started open beta on the Tribble test shard yesterday. (Where have you been? It's been a majo topic of discussion on the STO Forums for the last 3 months.)
LMAO ok, I wasnt aware that was it. wait, its on tribble? what the hell am I doing here, bye....
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Anyone else planning on spending a LOT of time in the foundry creating new adaptations of classic ST episodes? I've already got a few planned out, hopefully the foundry will allow me to create them the way they need to be created for it to be fun.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Can't wait to try out the Foundry. I've got so many mission ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Sector Space on tribble is a big improvement

Foundry, when it comes will be good

Would really like pvp issues addressed, see the subforum

Would really like to see the exchange/economy simplified