Lt. Commander
# 1 Whats this mean?
12-03-2010, 01:52 AM
A: I'm about thiissssss close to nuking Ker'rat permentantly. You can look for some movement on this soon.

I hope this does not mean taking Kerrat out the game before replacing with open PVP because your minigame pvp ques will not keep any pvpers but a ghost town and I have been here since the start. Trust me I will not wait around picking flowers in PvE tell open pvp comes. I have seen this game getting better over these last few mouths but this would be a sad step back. Anyway I know everyone does not pvp but there has to be something open a Enter at your own risk zone because arenas and C&H are fun but not the same as a open zone. I can only hope the right steps are taking before the NUKE. I do not see many pvper sticking around if this actually happens. Best thing to do is give the daily in kerrat a optional daily of pve but that up to you all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-03-2010, 02:20 AM
Yes, I noticed that, too. Don't kill it, dstahl! Please!

Fix it.
If you can't fix it, keep it, just remove it from the PvP Dailies rotation so no that hates it feels forced to do it. (We can't let the AFK Emblem hunters suffer!)
If you really can't keep it, create a substitute.
You can't just take away another PvP map and game mode! We already lost Space Assault with the advent of the improved Queue.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-03-2010, 02:22 AM
If they remove Ker'rat - I just wouldn't care personally, since I only go there for dailies anyway. However, keep it around, so we don't loose the precious few players that enjoy pvp in this game.

I just realized I'm just as ridiculous as the AFK'ers in pvp matches, maybe it's time to institute a cap on the number of emblems attainable by a character each day? (Say you could only get 10 emblems a day, and you could do arena, cap'n hold and explore for them, or do fleet actions until you're face is green from the pew that is pve...)

imo
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-03-2010, 02:32 AM
Fix it please. I like a place where we can have informal PvP and 1on1 play. Fix it don't nuke it
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-03-2010, 04:16 AM
This could stem from any number of sources of whining whether it's the bugged out Borg, obnoxious farmers, or the "griefers" who sit at the zone. All of these things have fixes. Nuking it is not the answer just because some folks complain a lot... even if they think it's for the best intentions (or some such nonsense).

I agree that if it isn't on the immediate fix list just remove it from the PVP rotation until it can be corrected. That's a much better alternative than removing it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-03-2010, 04:43 AM
If it cant be fixed pretty quickly then take the drastic route and NUKE it, it causes too much grief amongst the community.

Saying that cant you simply remove the borg stuff , so its a blank map with two spawns and a death count thats really big like 5000 , first to get to this number wins , then we have a open pvp warzone instance that could be made/tweaked overnight and anyone of any level can come and go and join in the massive faction space battle.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-03-2010, 04:53 AM
To nuke Ker'rat without attempting a fix would seem like a lazy and shallow thing to for the Dev's to do, based just on the complaints of those who use the forums.
Hopefully they have new plans for the the whole "open-pvp" aspect of the game instead.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-03-2010, 05:13 AM
I suspect that the fix is not easy, otherwise they would have done it.

They seem to have a problem in general with their "hit boxes" and geometries in Ker'rat - and possibly everywhere else on other maps - we just don't see it usually, since NPCs don't have to get that close in most maps.
But there are work-arounds for this - for example, change the entire design of the nodes. I imagine if they were more like Borg Solar Panels, they would cause less issues, since they have less volume to get caught up in.

The Spawn point issue - I have the impression there are _are_ two spawn points, but the map reset can only reset ships to one spawn point.
(Arena and Capture & Hold don't have map resets, and nowhere else do we have hostile player ships going through map resets.) If that's the case, we might have to modifiy the spawn point to discourage "camping" - like enemy vessels nearby (as much as getting spawn camped by NPCs sucks, NPC spawns will force any campers to evade or face that it's them that are under attack by Borg when new arrivals/respawns enter.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-03-2010, 06:43 AM
hurry let's all start complaining about ESD and maybe he will nuke ESD too =D

butr seriously, if they get rid of war zones it would probab;y be the single biggest crap they have taken on this game and be a step that would cause a lot of people to reconsider why they even play this game. Change it fix it whatever but until you have something that works better leave it alone.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-03-2010, 08:13 AM
C-stahl dont want his pve:ers to get griefed anymore?
Can't be an issue about farmers atleast.
Cus thats been going on sense febuary.