Lt. Commander
# 1 Disable instead of destroy?
12-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Is there any way to create an objective where you simply disable an enemy ship rather than destroy it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Is there any way to create an objective where you simply disable an enemy ship rather than destroy it?
Wow, I search the entire forums for this exact question to see if it's been asked before, only to find that in a year no one has answered it.

So, I are be reviving this question. Is there actually a way to simply disable an enemy ship rather than destroy it? I would love to know if it's possible.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Not exactly. But what you can do is make it so an NPC contact appears after the enemy ship is destroyed. Select either the damaged or leaking ship FX and it appears the ship has been disabled (there are some other animations where the ship turns upside down, etc, but I don't recommend them as i don't find them to clearly indicate a disabled state).

The downside is that this ship appears after it has blown up, which isn't ideal, but it more or less seems to work. Until we get a Foundry update of some sort, this is the only option we have.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Mission of Peace/Exploration?
01-04-2012, 04:10 PM
This is a good question and I rhink that if there is no way, that Cryptic ought to look into it...afterall how often did the Enterprise or Voyager destroy an enemy ship? At least give us the freedom to choose whether to destory or disable. If someone chooses destroy than they will pay the consequences...like in that episode of TNG where O'Brien had to get his former CO to sureender for destroying a bunch of Cardassian ships. That would be awesome if you could put all of that in the game. At the very least, think about making a 'disable ship' objective, button, or whatever makes it easier to get that option in the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Yeah - As Nagorak has said the only way is to use triggers to create an NPC contact trigged off the death of the enemy group. The NPC won't be in the same place as the mob was destroyed and the explosion will still be played. So it's not ideal and a bit dirty but it can sorta be done.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Bugger. Guess I will do it the way suggested. Just hope that when I actually get around to publishing the mission, I don't get a low score due to current foundry limitations.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-20-2012, 08:49 PM
I really hope this is going to be a feature implemented sooner rather than later

d3n
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-22-2012, 05:13 AM
That one gorn ship at the end of the mission with the fire extinguisher was disabled, so were all those ships from Devidian FE "Night of the comet".
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schipani
That one gorn ship at the end of the mission with the fire extinguisher was disabled, so were all those ships from Devidian FE "Night of the comet".
Those were dev made missions. It's obviously possible for the game to do it. It's just not possible for us to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Also use your imagination to create a slighty different senario that can give you the same basic effect but will not look as out of place. Maybe have the ship set a trap (like setting up a mine feild) and use reach triggers to cause some expolostion around the ship and then switch it to a disabled version of the same ship. (notes I have done that for ground dunno the if the features for THAT one is in space yet or not. but you get the idea)

You don't get the FIGHT your looking for but the story would still flow right.