Lt. Commander
# 41
12-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Is the Tractor Beam an AoE tractor?

I'm confused by the "Toggle (10 max)." 10 max targets, 1 target can only be effected by 10 people total using it on them, or what?

Its standard tractor beam terminology. I'm not sure if you can detoggle it or not, or why you would want to, but that is how the standard tractors are described, and it just means it runs for 10s.

On topic, I don't see this as a must have set. Its interesting, but its not all that. There are some very clear tradeoffs in using these things. Regenerative shields! Combat Impulse engines! And an absolutely terrible deflector! At least the console is interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-06-2010, 03:34 AM
Can't we have some uniforms instead ?

Not only will we look pretty but there would be no chance of balance issues
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-06-2010, 07:43 AM
That's questionable, since high heels might create stability issues. And a miniskirt? OMGHAWT.
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
That's questionable, since high heels might create stability issues. And a miniskirt? OMGHAWT.
Truth.

And people with heels will have the higher ground in ground PvP. NERF HEELS.
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-06-2010, 04:42 PM
My first reaction is oh hell no I am not putting that technology on my ship.....

My 2nd is.......I hope they have options for those who do not want to pollute their ships with Borg crap.

3rdly.....I guess i am skrewed as they will be implementing this in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garravesh View Post
My first reaction is oh hell no I am not putting that technology on my ship.....

My 2nd is.......I hope they have options for those who do not want to pollute their ships with Borg crap.

3rdly.....I guess i am skrewed as they will be implementing this in the future.
You can put the equipment on and turn the visual effects off, if that's what you're worried about.

That being said, they're hardly "Epic" gear that everyone needs to have. In fact, the majority of people in this thread are saying that they'll equip one (the Console), maybe two pieces tops.
Lt. Commander
# 47 Dates of release?
12-09-2010, 10:13 AM
...And when is going to be the expected date for all of this equipment? I thought it would be at the launch of season 3 but I've found that apparently its not live.

Also I've completed all of those missions (excluding The Cure as people never bother to stay ), so does that mean that I'll automatically be credited with this new equipment or will I have to complete Infected etc again??

Any idea's please? many thanks
Lt. Commander
# 48
12-09-2010, 11:41 AM
I think STF's are about to be a hot commodity again.
Lt. Commander
# 49
12-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I think STF's are about to be a hot commodity again.
For a month. Perhaps 6 weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 50 lov'it
12-10-2010, 02:43 AM
well I like the new idea of putting in the sets. I like the borg, the single parts were downgrades to my ship but with the setbonus they'll be beter than my setting now (maybe ive to try). All you have to do is make 3 STFs assimilated is possible for singleplayer too. That means to me 3 evenings in byting the STFs through (if you don't like tzhem. thats not so hard for that stuff and I remember other MMOs where u have to do instances like infected 25 times to get tokens (e.g. 5 per run [daily runs for high raids if you want so]) to buy the item THATS ugly!!!

But the way they did in STo is fine to me. Soyou can get the items if you want to but they were not "for free"!
My opinion only!