Lt. Commander
# 51
12-10-2010, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syragon View Post
well I like the new idea of putting in the sets. I like the borg, the single parts were downgrades to my ship but with the setbonus they'll be beter than my setting now (maybe ive to try). All you have to do is make 3 STFs assimilated is possible for singleplayer too. That means to me 3 evenings in byting the STFs through (if you don't like tzhem. thats not so hard for that stuff and I remember other MMOs where u have to do instances like infected 25 times to get tokens (e.g. 5 per run [daily runs for high raids if you want so]) to buy the item THATS ugly!!!

But the way they did in STo is fine to me. Soyou can get the items if you want to but they were not "for free"!
My opinion only!
STFs should not be singleplayer content.. There are people that want these missions where they *have* to work together.. Some even want them to be harder than they are.

As important as singleplayer content is, equally important multiplayer content is..

I mean, if all you want are singleplayer missions, then I can recomment Freespace 2, Nexus - The Jupiter Incident and XWing Alliance.. All are far better singleplayer games (and have far more immersive missions) than STO
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-10-2010, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc-loinia
...And when is going to be the expected date for all of this equipment? I thought it would be at the launch of season 3 but I've found that apparently its not live.

Also I've completed all of those missions (excluding The Cure as people never bother to stay ), so does that mean that I'll automatically be credited with this new equipment or will I have to complete Infected etc again??

Any idea's please? many thanks

The Sets are being put back onto Tribble to be tweaked and re-tested before release to Holodeck, no finalized Release Date has been issued (as far as I am aware).

According to one of the Devs who was discussing the Borg Set (I believe it was Gozer), you will have to re-complete the missions to get the new Set items. (Check in some of the Tribble discussions to see more details...)

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
STFs should not be singleplayer content.. There are people that want these missions where they *have* to work together.. Some even want them to be harder than they are.

As important as singleplayer content is, equally important multiplayer content is..

I mean, if all you want are singleplayer missions, then I can recomment Freespace 2, Nexus - The Jupiter Incident and XWing Alliance.. All are far better singleplayer games (and have far more immersive missions) than STO
no offence but thats quiete what i said STO is no singleplayer and i just said that if you don't like the STF that u only will have to do them ones to get the items and not farm them for weeks. And thats a great compromise i think. I like the way theyre doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
STFs should not be singleplayer content..
The lady has spoken and I agree.
STF's should be team only.
If you want the payoff ,your gonna have to work to get it.

Now Get BAkc To Krafting!!
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-11-2010, 12:57 AM
I feel kind of stupid putting in here because i like the borg tech just because it's borg tech and changes the ship aesthetically? I seriously doubt it will change PvP all that much because they ships types and classes will have their own ups and downs to stratagize against as well as afew people said this gear isn't the end all be all i win gear. Personally i hate the emblem grind but i don't disagree with it because they show who put in time to earn the best gear rather than just logging in and getting it.

As a side note, Borg faction is entirely possible in RP simply because there are so many ways to do it. Even TNG had Hugh and a Faction of Borg who were liberated from hive mentalitly only to be controlled by Lore. That right thier means they could still be out there liberating more Drones. Kind of like a Borg version of the Maquis.
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
The Sets are being put back onto Tribble to be tweaked and re-tested before release to Holodeck, no finalized Release Date has been issued (as far as I am aware).

According to one of the Devs who was discussing the Borg Set (I believe it was Gozer), you will have to re-complete the missions to get the new Set items. (Check in some of the Tribble discussions to see more details...)

-Big Red

Thank you, i was wondering this myself. I rememeber hearing they were hitting when the season did, but when i beat assimilation and infected, there was no borg tech what so ever.
Lt. Commander
# 57
12-11-2010, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
You can put the equipment on and turn the visual effects off, if that's what you're worried about.

That being said, they're hardly "Epic" gear that everyone needs to have. In fact, the majority of people in this thread are saying that they'll equip one (the Console), maybe two pieces tops.

No...as a simple matter of statement..I do not want to be a Borg no mores...hence the liberated Borg thingee...

Good to know they wont be over the top and I will certainly pass on all of them.
Lt. Commander
# 58
12-11-2010, 01:46 PM
tbh, the console is the only thing I'm interested in, and that's only because of the +14 sensor probes.
Lt. Commander
# 59
12-11-2010, 02:34 PM
im worried that when/if they change how the current healing is done (all instant) to the way they were thinking (the degeneration and what not or what ever it was) then having 2 borg items will be gold. (its rare but to get almost a full heal every once in a while would be pretty powerful)
Lt. Commander
# 60
12-13-2010, 04:49 AM
Edit: I tested the items in PvP today using a Tac Excelsior with Antiproton 8 beam arrays.

Broadsiding a Sci/Nebula with three borg items equipped - the shields procced way too often, Subnuke does not seem to remove them either.

I should have tested more thoroughly before commenting.