Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Sick/prone NPCs?
12-03-2010, 07:04 PM
In several official episodes there are sick/incapacitated/prone NPCs, although I have not seen any in the Foundry. Has anyone found any?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
12-03-2010, 07:48 PM
You can't do this with NPC contacts yet.

However, if you have "friendly" enemy mobs that don't attack you, you could apply a sick emote as part of their customizable behaviors.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
12-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
You can't do this with NPC contacts yet.

However, if you have "friendly" enemy mobs that don't attack you, you could apply a sick emote as part of their customizable behaviors.
Hmm, I'll have to check that out. On a completely different topic, is it possible to set a path for NPCs to follow in space or on the ground?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
12-03-2010, 08:13 PM
I'd say the general rule of thumb about the Foundry right now is that if anything you want to do might involve scripting in any way, shape or form, the answer is no.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
12-03-2010, 09:10 PM
I haven't been able to find the behavior you mentioned, Darren. A little more help if you don't mind?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
12-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
In several official episodes there are sick/incapacitated/prone NPCs, although I have not seen any in the Foundry. Has anyone found any?
There are a few things that come close to a workaround. If you use group npcs that are neutral, you can mess around with animations, causing them to lie down and even twitch like the Borg. I've only messed around with this, but check it out.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
12-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borticus View Post
I haven't been able to find the behavior you mentioned, Darren. A little more help if you don't mind?

Animations are only working right now for group npcs, I believe. Although if you really only want one of the neutral group, you can move the others into the floor to hide, maybe.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
12-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Hmm, I'll have to check that out. On a completely different topic, is it possible to set a path for NPCs to follow in space or on the ground?

There is something about seting them to wander with the ambient combat stuff. I don't really understand any of that yet. There is a dev post.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:43 PM.