Lt. Commander
# 511
02-07-2011, 03:14 AM
Ok, next ep in my storyline is here

"3- The Survivor"

please play after "1- Encounter" and "2- The Trap" if you want to understand any of the storylines

PS. "Encounter" and "The Trap" are probably shorter missions so please give any feedback of how to lengthen them
Lt. Commander
From the first moment I heard about the UGC tools coming to STO, I made a firm decision that I would primarily create new missions for the Klingon faction and I have absolutely no experience in doing this type of thing, creating missions for others to play, so like many others, I'm very new to this. I also like to take my time, so this is the one and only mission I have created so far.

I started working on it during the same week that the Foundry (beta) went into public testing, which was before Christmas. I then spent a number of days in a row working on the project, encountering many obstacles due to the limitations of the Foundry which I just about managed to find my way around and I also learnt a lot during the past two months as well. Although I did end up working on it so much that it drove me to quit playing STO during January, well for that reason and general holiday stress. lol

Anyway, I think it's finished, many thanks to Darren_Kitlor and Kirkfat for sharing their tutorial video's on YouTube, I may also make a trailer for this mission this week. I will also more than likely keep the mission updated as the tools are also updated, and lastly, if I haven't reviewed a mission you have published, please feel free to PM me and I will do so asap.

• Project Name:

Shadow of the Warrior

• Language:

English

• Allegiance:

Klingon

• Level:

16+

• Description:

A number of colonists have revolted at a deuterium mining colony in the H'atoria System, causing damage to property owned and operated by the Klingon Empire, as well as critically injuring the security personnel within the processing facility, however no fatalities have been reported at this time.

Protests by colonists were recently ignored by the Commandant officer in charge and now this surprise attack has occurred, the High Command wants the situation resolved immediately.

/Edit

Here's a link to the mission thread...

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=201668
Lt. Commander
# 513
02-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Just patched up some very basic bugs in a simple one.

Mission name is "Groundswell" and it's theoretically the first part of a plot arc.

There are some things I'm still considering how to implement better, among them a scanning section where it feels like the visual cues are lacking.
Lt. Commander
# 514 Cloudy Intentions
02-13-2011, 08:57 PM
A mining colony of Romulan refugees needs your help investigating a strange cloud-like anomoly that has suddenly appeared in the Pilatus System. Ships have been disappearing into the unusual cloud. Starfleet Command has ordered you to investigate the strange nebula formation, assist the colony in evacuating, and discover the fate of the USS Yorktown.
Lt. Commander
# 515
02-13-2011, 09:23 PM
The one I had done was called "A Stitch in Time," but I have to totally redo it - especially since we got new goodies into the Foundry
Lt. Commander
# 516
02-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey_Who
The one I had done was called "A Stitch in Time," but I have to totally redo it - especially since we got new goodies into the Foundry
What new goodies did we get in the Foundry ? I haven't seen any yet...
Lt. Commander
# 517
02-13-2011, 10:52 PM
Try out "Broken Arrow." Levels 46+

This is my first mission. Still trying to figure out how to do things with Foundry Limitations.

Plays best with 2-3 players, but can be done with 1. Is considered to be a little long at over 1 hour to play, but goes faster with more than one person playing. Bring your most experienced character and your most trusted comrade.

You are called to investigate a deep space sensor array when it detects an unknown spatial anomaly and stops sending back telemetry.

A bold move from an enemy of the Federation threatens its very existence, and you are the only hope to stop them.

Please leave feedback via Ratings, PM, or In-Game E-Mail...
Lt. Commander
# 518 KDF Mission
02-19-2011, 07:35 PM
This mission will be a 2 part mission

Defend the Empire! (Part I)

Strange readings have been found near Rura Penthe. Rumor has it that a large federation force has slipped off the radar...
(about 75% finished)

Retaliation! (Part II)

TBA

Any and all feedback is welcome, good or bad.
Lt. Commander
# 519 Save the Utopia
03-12-2011, 12:47 PM
My Foundry mission, "Save the Utopia" has been updated to fix typos, and improve playability. Check it out!

Faction : Federation
Starting Location : ESD

Summary : Starfleet has lost commuinications with Utopia Planitia, it's main ship building facility. Report back to SOL to investigate.
Lt. Commander
# 520 The Q Sphere Series
03-12-2011, 01:11 PM
I have three of the planned five missions published... I have remastered these three as well as I can for now. I plan on doing more to them some time in the future. They go by simple names because I wanted them to feel more connected.

The Q Sphere - Episode 1: You recieve a distress call from a cargo ship that says they have been attacked by Klingons and soon thier warp core will explode. You respond and when you get there sure enough Klingons are too. But you end up facing a challenge greater and stranger than you ever thought because Q has returned and this time HE NEEDS YOUR HELP.

The Q Sphere - Episode 2: When you talked to Q in the first episode he tells you about a contact on Drozana that will be able to help you n your mission to track down the Klingons that are after this powerful weapon that is called the Q Sphere. You meet with the contact and leave but you will be confronted by an evil Klingon named Natak who will stop at nothing to kill you. You will have the choice in dialogue to be diplomatic. bluff your way out of the situation, or be hostile. Your choice...

The Q Sphere - Episode 3: The Information you recieve from your contact on Drozana leads you back to the Sol System, specifically ESD. The Klingons are searching for the weapon somewhere in the area and it is up to you find them and stop them. It won't be easy, the Klingons are using holo emitters to hide in plain sight as Federation starships. You will discover what had been hidden in Luna and what the Klingons plans for the Federation. Some Klingons consider thier actions honorable, others do not, this could hint to a civil war in the Klingon Empire.