Lt. Commander
# 51 Scan 5 things
12-04-2010, 02:37 PM
"My First Mission" since renamed "Scan 5 things"

It's supposed to be the beginning of a very long story arc, so there's no actual combat as yet. The plot is a bit skeletal and I'm soliciting ideas to make it more interesting.

Thanks in advance for your time.

EB
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-04-2010, 02:44 PM
My first, entitled Rihannsu, is the first part in a series that I have created (so far, just on paper).

It's short, but informative. Give it a play, and feel free to give honest feedback! It'll make the Holodeck creation of the series a lot better for player community.
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Ok, I've finally finished a simple mission called "Distress Call". Its published and live if anyone wants to try, but please dont expect anything amazing lol. Anyway, with that done I'm going to be trying out other people's missions for a bit so I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone has come up with

***edit***

Ok, for the 2nd time now I'm having a problem loading into the map, although it worked fine in testing. If anyone else has this problem I'll just pull the mission.
I can't get into my own mission either, or anyone elses for that matter. Never have been, actually.
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Bull-dog Days
by: darrenkitlor
A mining colony in the Kei System in Sirius Sector Block has gone silent. Starfleet Command wants you to re-establish contact with them.

Be careful, Captain. Reports of Nausicaan Raiders are coming in.
I'm playing your mission right now, and I have a quick question: I just fought the first of the Naussican ships at the beginning of the mission, and I didnt notice them on my map before I got the hail. Was I just too far away or did you find some way to make them spawn at a certain time?
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
I'm playing your mission right now, and I have a quick question: I just fought the first of the Naussican ships at the beginning of the mission, and I didnt notice them on my map before I got the hail. Was I just too far away or did you find some way to make them spawn at a certain time?
The map objective markers may not appear until that objective comes up. This could be the cause of it.
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Guys how long after you publish a mission does it take to appear on tribble on normal play, i cant find my mission i published.
Lt. Commander
# 57
12-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
Guys how long after you publish a mission does it take to appear on tribble on normal play, i cant find my mission i published.
My showed up immediately(or at least in the short amount of time it took to log out of the editor and log on to my normal tribble character.
Lt. Commander
# 58
12-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Quote:
My showed up immediately(or at least in the short amount of time it took to log out of the editor and log on to my normal tribble character.
How odd , i am republishing it now (that takes awhile to publish lol) as i need to change the mission name then ill retry
Lt. Commander
# 59
12-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fewzz View Post
How odd , i am republishing it now (that takes awhile to publish lol) as i need to change the mission name then ill retry
You'll get an in-game mail when it completes publishing.

You don't have to babysit it - just hit publish and do your thing.

Fun Fact from Closed Beta:
Missions used to take eight to ten hours to publish.

They now take around 6-10 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 60
12-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
You'll get an in-game mail when it completes publishing.

You don't have to babysit it - just hit publish and do your thing.

Fun Fact from Closed Beta:
Missions used to take eight to ten hours to publish.

They now take around 6-10 minutes.
You mean i can hit publish then while its doing its thing i can exit the foundry and log into tribble proper?