Lt. Commander
# 1 Trying..but Confused...
12-03-2010, 09:37 PM
I understand most of the tools in the set and I've got most of my mission done...

I just don't understand how I place the location where my mission is to be picked up and started...

When I test the mission it starts with my first pop-up from the Admiral involved instead of the Grant Mission Dialog from the bridge officer conveying that there is a subspace message coming in..

What am I doing wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-03-2010, 10:21 PM
You wont see the grant mission dialogue box in the preview mode, only when you actually accept the mission in game through the remote contact system. As far as selecting the location where it starts, there should be a box that looks like this in your story section:

http://www.startrekonline.com/dyncon...alkthru_15.jpg

You can select the map and NPC/location you want the person to go to to start the mission. So far I've been setting it to sector space and using the local systems around Sol for convenience.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
You can select the map and NPC/location you want the person to go to to start the mission. So far I've been setting it to sector space and using the local systems around Sol for convenience.
One thing that you might like is not setting it all until the very end. You can hit play from the story tab and almost instantly start the mission. You wouldn't have to travel to Andoria again and again.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Ok... great thank you.. I get it now.