Lt. Commander
I know folks want to encourage mission makers, but don't go throwing 5 star and 4 star ratings on everything. Tell folks what you like and didn't like, it benefits both them and yourself in the long run.

'Not bad' 'Confusing' should not be things you see in a 5 star review. If something is good but flawed review it as such and in the future review it again if the mission gets updated and THEN give it a higher rating, the stars can be changed if folks were unaware of that.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-04-2010, 07:58 AM
A mission I published is actually having the opposite of that. A bunch of people leaving low star ratings without giving reason.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Yea I get a little upset when someone posts a low rating without a reason. I mean if you don't like my mission? I am okay with that! Please just say what I could improve on!
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-04-2010, 08:07 AM
honesty is very important but also as important is to remember not to take things to personally either.

every single person is different and everybody sees missions differently. you could make the best mission in the world. someone, somewhere will give it a one star.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Also please leave feedback. Somone was nice enough to rate my mission (3 stars) but didnt leave any feedback at all on what would of been better.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Pro-Tip:
Being friendly but honest about typos, confusing mission directions, and weird object placement will make better authors.

Don't be an arse but don't hold back stuff that could help us improve!
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders118 View Post
Yea I get a little upset when someone posts a low rating without a reason. I mean if you don't like my mission? I am okay with that! Please just say what I could improve on!
This must be part of the evil plan of the Devs at Cryptic to put the players in their shoes!