Lt. Commander
# 1 Sound Crackling & Popping
12-04-2010, 08:58 AM
I just bought this game the other day and have noticed that I'm hearing a lot of cracking and popping sounds in various parts of the game. I have a high end PC I built myself and do not have any issues with those games. Is there something I can do to fix this? The sound card I'm using is an HT Omega Strike, 2 GTX 285 video cards, an i7 920 processor, 6 GB of RAM and Windows 7 64 bit. All of my drivers are up to date.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Check your audio option in-game. If hardware or EAX acceleration is enabled, try disabling one or both of those. If you have audio device options, try changing the sound output to Direct3D playback instead of your native driver.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-09-2010, 06:01 AM
have the same or similar problem with sound crackling popping which usualy happens only arround ambiant rumbling sounds or when theres loads of weapons fire.

using an x-fi card but the only solution ive found that clears it up for the most part but it tends to still occur now and then.
from control pannel find sound settings, open and select playback and select your device
in here ive got 5 tabs one is for creative, not sure if your card will have a similar, if so check for any setting similar to disable enhancements and untick\disable
next
click properties > advanced tab > untick allow application to take exclusive control
the last one may work by itself