Lt. Commander
# 11
12-04-2010, 09:49 PM
I mentioned them for you. You're quite welcome.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Ah, Thank You.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie223
snipped
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
You are getting hit with SNB (SubNucleonic Beam). It frags all your BO's powers for a length of time.
About the only things that counter it are Science Team and the Omega skill.
The former helps a little the latter seams to help a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenChina View Post
I think this is more likely to be Photonic Shockwave. It has a 3 km AOE range, and it deals kinetic damage and stuns you for 2 seconds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
You got hit with a Tractor Beam + Tricobalt Mine Combo.
When you get hit with a Tricobalt Mine, it gives a 10 Second Mine Stun that makes all your BO's unusable for the duration. There is no counter except to take it out the mine or excape the tractor beam before the mine impacts your ship.
I just think its great that so many ways exist to combo abilities for effect in the game, but it can be a real bummer gainst an experience team with ovelapping abilites running. ANd sometimes the outcome is just quick death.
I respect your strength to step up and ask for help and how to combat something that was puzzling you though, thatnks for not giving up on pvp play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
You got off light.

Here's a typical PvP match:

A pack of at least 3 BoPs attack me, decloaking from behind of course! I get hit by SNB, beam target engines, weapons, shields, tyken's rift and just to make sure a few tractor beams.

Then I just don't respawn until the match is over. I might try one more time.

PvP is fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
Yup, this is pretty much how it goes when it isn't carrier ****.
Unlike these two, whom seem only to complain and blame.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Don't you find it the least bit odd that you spend most of your time in this game either waiting to play or holding someone else so they can't play?

Oh and disparaging anyone on the forums that points out this unarguable truth.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Don't you find it the least bit odd that you spend most of your time in this game either waiting to play
Oddly enough during my normal time to play in a week my personal pvp wait times always seem very quick. 10 minutes at the most. I do not find that too long a wait and it gives me time to run other quick missions.

Quote:
or holding someone else so they can't play?
I also don't use TB anymore in pvp as my combat style doesn't make for its best use. To be honest I hardly ever suffer from the flipside of TB iether as I have a counter for it in my build.

Quote:
Oh and disparaging anyone on the forums that points out this unarguable truth.
I call it like I see it.
Where ever there can be found disparaging remarks about the mechanics of gameplay and its effects on all things related, there is a high chance that you can be found in the collection. The pattern is obvious and has been oft repeated.

What I was really curiuos about is why invade this thread with the discouraging remarks about gameplay when all the OP wished for is help with counters to common pvp combo's? Is it because he didn't complain and just asked out of a willingness to learn rather than blame? What was you motive for posting in this thread, as you didn't offer any help to the OP?
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Nope, you missed my point entirely.

I am not speaking of the ques.

I'm talking about the fact that people PAY for their subscription time only to have people ROB them of play time by using multiple or any for that matter holds on them so they are waiting for the holds to wear off so they can play. Usually by the time the holds wear off they are dead so they get to wait some more to respawn.

This is Sad enough, I shouldn't have to go into the questionable morals of those who are actually doing the ROBBING of these people's subscription time "because it's in the game."

Cryptic might want to look into this factor of their game instead of just closing these threads. This is another reason they should hurry to F2P status.

I felt I needed to respond because "I call it like I see it" and the OP's problem is not loading up on counters, as the ships don't sport enough slots for the half a dozen holds commonly used. It's the existence and encouragement of holds themselves. How about we get rid of all holds and their counters and have a bit of strategic gameplay with the weapons this IP uses? I know "that would be boring" without all the IWIN holds.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-05-2010, 02:02 PM
I don't agree with the F2P stuff however everything else I agree with.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:

---snip--
This is Sad enough, I shouldn't have to go into the questionable morals of those who are actually doing the ROBBING of these people's subscription time "because it's in the game."
--snip--
Stop thief! Gimme back that time!

That I lost reading your post.

You do know that PvP is a choice and both factions use this stuff right? You can choose not to play PvP and suffer the "theft" of your time.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Roach is right OP, keep on trying, & keep asking for help for things you don't understand. maybe PM the opponent who spanked you after your next match & ask, Most PVP'ers have no problem helping others learn.
Also, you might get more help & less QQ if you post in the PVP forums.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
I'm talking about the fact that people PAY for their subscription time only to have people ROB them of play time by using multiple or any for that matter holds on them so they are waiting for the holds to wear off so they can play. Usually by the time the holds wear off they are dead so they get to wait some more to respawn.

Cryptic might want to look into this factor of their game instead of just closing these threads. This is another reason they should hurry to F2P status.

I felt I needed to respond because "I call it like I see it" and the OP's problem is not loading up on counters, as the ships don't sport enough slots for the half a dozen holds commonly used. It's the existence and encouragement of holds themselves. How about we get rid of all holds and their counters and have a bit of strategic gameplay with the weapons this IP uses? I know "that would be boring" without all the IWIN holds.
[sarcasm on]
How about we just remove all flavor abilities from the game, and make it all about who can shoot who the quickest? Because, you know, phaser weapon procs that disable a subsystem ROB you of 2.5 seconds of play of that system...
[sarcasm off]

It's called different means of attack, disabling and debuffing. Holds are not "IWIN," not by any stretch of the imagination. If you feel they are "IWIN," then make sure you have a BOff with Polarize Hull and/or Attack Pattern Omega, whichever your vessel can support. Or, you could even pop an Engine Battery and Evasive Maneuvers and get outside of the range of the tractor beam. Simple counters to an overblown supposed "IWIN."