Lt. Commander
# 11 You know the funny thing
12-05-2010, 08:42 AM
is when the other theam stay at thier spawn and after getting 15 and 0ed the yell WTF spam campers!
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-05-2010, 09:10 AM
/signed - I think a 5 second timer that makes you invulnerable at respawn would be helpful. Not sure if it's possible. Better make it 10 seconds, those pets stick around awhile.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
I dont do Ker'rat.

The Phaser and Torp Launchers in the bases of Cap N Hold are evaded easily and never actually get a shot in while the enemy is back far enough that they can't get touched yet we get hit with everything.
Ahh. Well, unless they make some uber accurate weapon platforms that are high in hull HP then scratch that idea. I guess that having the random spawn points is the only way to curb this behavior then. Hopefully Cryptic will do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
The longer you wait to get into PVP...(cut rest of post to not have a long quote)

Good advice there Steve, TY! Yeah, I know I will get owned several times over. I'm not one of those who think that I should be pwning all the time nor will I be one of those who whine if I keep getting beat up. Ill just change up my loadout and tactics .

I want to get into PvP for the social and team work aspect of it. At the moment I am weighing my options on load out and toon spec (mine and my BOs). I also want to get into a fleet beforehand (I had my own fleet but everyone left due to STO not keeping their interest.).
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-05-2010, 09:24 AM
I agree that a respawn invulnerability would be nice. as well as letting us respawn at full power.at least then there would be a chance
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
I agree that a respawn invulnerability would be nice. as well as letting us respawn at full power.at least then there would be a chance
This would help a lot. Especially in Ker'rat.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-08-2010, 06:52 AM
You know the quick and easy fix to this?

Move away from the spawn-point!!!!

As soon as you enter the map, start moving towards the centre of the map, do not sit right outside the gate. On the KDF side, teams are often formed a good distance from the gate because people arent obsessed with keeping within 1km of each other. I know this is a good strategy, but for the first 15 seconds you can move pretty much freely. Once one or two ships start moving, the rest will follow.
Lt. Commander
Greetings,

Just to remind the community, there is no such thing as 'Spawn Camping' it is correctly known as "Directed and Applied force in a constricted battlespace to effect Deployment Suppression". Or its common abbreviation Deployment Suppression.

Having said that, I and Razor Fleet would approve of random areas to ameliorate the functional ability of any force to engage in static Deployment Suppression.
We are strongly against having guns at the gates because we would take even greater advantage of them and it would make the situation worse for the less skilled.

I would also invite you, as others have, to learn Counter Deployment Suppression Tactics with an Organized Force.

Yours in Laughing Murder Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
Greetings,

Just to remind the community, there is no such thing as 'Spawn Camping' it is correctly known as "Directed and Applied force in a constricted battlespace to effect Deployment Suppression". Or its common abbreviation Deployment Suppression.

Having said that, I and Razor Fleet would approve of random areas to ameliorate the functional ability of any force to engage in static Deployment Suppression.
We are strongly against having guns at the gates because we would take even greater advantage of them and it would make the situation worse for the less skilled.

I would also invite you, as others have, to learn Counter Deployment Suppression Tactics with an Organized Force.

Yours in Laughing Murder Plasma,
Star*Dagger

Unfortunately some people do not join fleets since that is not a hard requirement of this game. It is highly recommended.

If you end up in Kerrat with a RzR fleet find another instance. Otherwise try entering without having weapons set to autofire in some cases the guards will let you pass.
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-08-2010, 08:16 AM
tbh i am not a fan of the place and go there mostly when i need to for the daily, other than that i only get emblems from the pvp daily as i hate the pve ones. However having said that the other night we had a call in vent for an assist in kerrat and it was a lot of fun at the kdf spawn point, if one of us died we at least would start at teh other side of teh map, but those poor kdf were beaten over and over.

That said i would like to see respawns as full power, and the inability not be be shot at while you sit through the loading animation. The amount of times i can see beams already blasting my shields and i am still waitng to get the ui up to do something is annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-08-2010, 08:53 AM
I will repeat it here as I have in many other threads, best option is selectable respawn points. You die map pops up instead of the respawn button and you have maybe 4 respawn choices, select it and you respawn there. This way even if you dont team up you can at least see where your team is and where the enemy is and choose where is best to spawn for you.