Lt. Commander
I want to create a KDF space mission where you fight a rogue Gorn ship, so I placed a Fed enemy group and was planning on changing the costume to Gorn ships, but there is no costume option for enemy groups. Is there a reason why they didnt do this, or is it something they just havent gotten around to yet? This question is directed at any CB testers who may know.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I want to create a KDF space mission where you fight a rogue Gorn ship, so I placed a Fed enemy group and was planning on changing the costume to Gorn ships, but there is no costume option for enemy groups. Is there a reason why they didnt do this, or is it something they just havent gotten around to yet? This question is directed at any CB testers who may know.
Go to them on the map screen and select the > next to the enemy faction group. It should create a dropdown where you can select individual ships and change their costume. It let me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Go to them on the map screen and select the > next to the enemy faction group. It should create a dropdown where you can select individual ships and change their costume. It let me.
Thanks ...........
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Always happy to help, plus someone told me, so I thought pass it on !
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Always happy to help, plus someone told me, so I thought pass it on !
So I created a mission like this, and while the NPCs looked right, they had the wrong names. I suppose theres no way around this?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-04-2010, 08:48 PM
There is...there is a name and then a 'Contact' field, IIRC. Change that, which is what displays.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
There is...there is a name and then a 'Contact' field, IIRC. Change that, which is what displays.
Nice! Ok so another question lol. If you publish a mission thats already published, does it simply update/replace the existing mission? I just want to make sure it wouldnt create 2 versions.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Nice! Ok so another question lol. If you publish a mission thats already published, does it simply update/replace the existing mission? I just want to make sure it wouldnt create 2 versions.
Yes, it updates the current published mission.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-05-2010, 05:50 AM
One thing i noticed, if you select an enemy Klingon ship (say bird of prey group or something) and then give it a Borg Battleship costume, it moves very quickly, awquad angles and clipping/collision detection is still based on the original ship - so avoid putting large costumes on small ships!
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-05-2010, 06:10 AM
Also, if you've got a Klingon NPC holding a disruptor rifle, and you replace the costume with one of those Borg NPCs with the built in weapon-arms, things look funky.

Fun times.