Lt. Commander
# 1 Map transfer errors
12-04-2010, 06:05 PM
We need more control over what happens when you transfer a map.

As it stands, unless I place a physical contact in the mission area that you need to talk to any combat encounters you would- er.... encounter instantly spawn and agro, even if you have, say, 6 or so pop up conversations (BTW, would we please make conversations a little more involved?)

It seems that what happens is that until you actually speak to a contact, engage in combat with an encounter or reach a way point marker all events you place have something like "map transition" or the like in the corner of all of each of the event windows.

This means that if you have several conversations before combat and the enemy spawns near you you will actually enter combat and will have to quickly click through a myriad of windows and won't be able read the information.

Now if there's a way to create a contact that can be spoken to with out having to actually place them in the map and approach them, that would be cool but it's not clear ow to do that at this time. Also if you could use bridge officers as actual contacts that would be cool too.
Lt. Commander
While i agree that these issues must be resolved, i think priority one now should be making the missions playable for a test run, whenever i try to test my created missions, i get a message saying that due to a server stability problem, i cannot enter the map.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman001
While i agree that these issues must be resolved, i think priority one now should be making the missions playable for a test run, whenever i try to test my created missions, i get a message saying that due to a server stability problem, i cannot enter the map.
So far it's worked for me like clock work.