Lt. Commander
# 1 Star Trek Time Format
12-06-2010, 09:35 AM
With the addition of the foundary coming out and currently able to test on the Tribble and wanting to put together a test Mission or a series of Test Missions. I came up with hole in my Star Trek geek armor....Star Trek Date/Time format.

I have a couple of questions and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction for getting this info.

Questions:

1) What is the Start Date of the STO Game? What I mean by this is it the Star Date we see in the intro Video you get when you start a new Charector? The other reason I would like to know is that I have a thought for a seriers of Missions that would run along a time line and would like to make sure when mentioning Star Dates that I am quoting them one correctly and after the time of the Vega Colony attack by the Borg.

2) Any know of a good Star Date Calc outhere I could use?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-06-2010, 09:36 AM
I could be wrong but my understanding is that the stardates actually began with launch and are continually increasing in realtime. Meaning the character start date would depend on when you made the character.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehra
I could be wrong but my understanding is that the stardates actually began with launch and are continually increasing in realtime. Meaning the character start date would depend on when you made the character.
I'm like 80% sure that's how it works. Especially when you look at something like events that happen in a fleet, the dates are continuously increasing. Personally, I think it's better to reference other UGC missions. That way it gives the feeling of things happening in real time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Add a personal log entry and you will see the exact stardate for that point in time. It's something like 3 stardate "days" for every one day in RL.

I've been using this utility to help calculate stardates. Just figure out a fixed stardate and calculate the difference in days and you get a pretty accurate number. I haven't had any problems so far.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the info everyone.